How do you generate a CVVC oto in moresampler?

kazumiru

Momo's Minion
i'm having trouble generating a cvvc oto from moresampler so i came here to ask since i can't find any answers ;;

on kanru's video on moresampler oto generation it only shows how to do it for vcv and not cvvc. i don't know what to type on the program, these are the options i put in and the oto is blank still whenever it's generated

5530d831e72d4b71aba964fc6cc29adf.png

help would be loved! i hope my english isn't too poor!

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
for a single pitch cvvc bank:

no to vcv
yes to cvvc
phoneme+hiragana
yes to exclude
yes to rename
leave suffix blank by hitting enter

Reactions: Kiyoteru

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You may need to move the voicebank out of the utau folder (onto your desktop or something) because folder permissions can prevent the oto.ini from being written to.

Also Moresampler won't look into any subfolders so you would have to do those individually.

kazumiru

Momo's Minion
You may need to move the voicebank out of the utau folder (onto your desktop or something) because folder permissions can prevent the oto.ini from being written to.

Also Moresampler won't look into any subfolders so you would have to do those individually.
ahh, i moved it to my desktop and still nothing. mine is only 1 pitch so there isn't any subfolders in the voicebank folder

i really don't know what's going on ;;

do i have to delete previous .frq files or something? i still have them from my previous oto..

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
hm, how strange.
Moresampler only edits the oto.ini in this case so any other files do not matter. You can try deleting the current oto.ini file if there is one already.

What are the filenames like? are they like "kakakika....etc? Sometimes files are labeled in a way where Moresampler can't tell what the contents are.

kazumiru

Momo's Minion
hm, how strange.
Moresampler only edits the oto.ini in this case so any other files do not matter. You can try deleting the current oto.ini file if there is one already.

What are the filenames like? are they like "kakakika....etc? Sometimes files are labeled in a way where Moresampler can't tell what the contents are.
some are like this
7e499e9833ed457ba917aa3c88a2c430.png

others are like this
e58973d046254a64a1bcd970c559044c.png

it's just the reclist i used, not sure if it has anything to do with it?

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
not sure but I don't think that the "fof", "ded", etc recordings would work.

the "yayayiyayuyeya" like samples appears to actually be VCV. However, that will also work for CVVC and should work fine.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

kazumiru

Momo's Minion

the "yayayiyayuyeya" like samples appears to actually be VCV. However, that will also work for CVVC and should work fine.
should i try and update my moresampler? i'm using 0.7.2

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yes you should since Moresampler gets a lot of updates.
The current version is 0.8.1.

I don't know if it will help with oto generation but it's worth a shot.

kazumiru

Momo's Minion
Yes you should since Moresampler gets a lot of updates.
The current version is 0.8.1.

I don't know if it will help with oto generation but it's worth a shot.
still empty. should i somehow try and contact the creator of moresampler to help? is that even possible?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

This may as well be the case, unfortunately. You may have to rename or rerecord your voicebank in such a way that moresampler can actually read the file names. (Additionally, the VC samples in a Japanese CVVC bank are all transitions, so it doesn't make sense to record "kak" etc. because no syllables in Japanese end with consonants.)

kazumiru

Momo's Minion
This may as well be the case, unfortunately. You may have to rename or rerecord your voicebank in such a way that moresampler can actually read the file names. (Additionally, the VC samples in a Japanese CVVC bank are all transitions, so it doesn't make sense to record "kak" etc. because no syllables in Japanese end with consonants.)
oh i see! that's unfortunate. oh well, i'll just try and have to oto the best i can

thanks for the help