How do you make PV?

Genosan

Ruko's Ruffians
So I've been working on a cover of 平面説 or Plane Theory, and I got to wondering, what are some ways that you can make PVs? I probably won't be finished with the cover anytime soon ('cuz i'm a noob), but I was just curious to see if anyone here knows how (and how to do it for cheap/free).

If any one knows of any good tutorials or other resources, please do tell! :sing:

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I currently use Sony Movie Studio 13, and I got it for about 27 bucks (almost half off!!)

It was a great deal, you can do lots with it! Although for long term (and if you can afford it) I hear After Effects may be a good idea.

Genosan

Ruko's Ruffians
I currently use Sony Movie Studio 13, and I got it for about 27 bucks (almost half off!!)

It was a great deal, you can do lots with it! Although for long term (and if you can afford it) I hear After Effects may be a good idea.

27 bucks isn't bad, I could do that. How'd you get the discount? Also, Could you link to some PVs that were made in it?

And AE is definitely not an option right now, it's as expensive as hell. xP

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
If you're willing to use a Japanese program, AviUtl is something that many (including myself) use. It's super easy once you get the hang of it, which should be a couple days or so.

If not, I've heard positive things about LightWorks, which is also free, and English!

Genosan

Ruko's Ruffians
I've heard of AviUtl some time ago, but i didn't realize it was free. Looks like there's an english patch for it too, so i think I might give it a shot :3

Do you know of any good tutorials?

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I use Lightworks as my video editor, I use Blender to create effects such as the music bar effect, I use MMM (Miku Miku Moving) to create stills and moving images of my UTAUs as well as lip-sync videos, and all of this is free.

Genosan

Ruko's Ruffians
Nice! How long did it take to learn lightworks, Zarsla? Mind linking to some PVs made with it?

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Nice! How long did it take to learn lightworks, Zarsla? Mind linking to some PVs made with it?
I'm still learning at Lightworks (I've played with it off and on for a a year and half, and just recently learned the basic recently in the past two/three months, I've been working with it since July.) So no PVs, sorry :bigtears:. Also on the same note it does crash on computers with two or one core processors. It works fine on mine (just slow start up at times) but it (my laptop) has four processors, same with blender.
Also with learning it, for me, a good portion of it is semi-intuitive, semi-look up as I go. However I do understand, how to chrome key ( aka green screen), picture on picture, and somewhat subtitling (I'm still trying out some kinks and bugs). Once I'm done making my UTAUs. my next UTAU project will be an all inclusive tutorial series which will deal with making and creating UTAUs including making PVs, Character Design, the actual UTAUloid, Website making, etc.

Genosan

Ruko's Ruffians
Ooh, that sounds like a cool tutorial series. I would love to see something like that! :D