How important is it for appends to stay consistent in tone?

Avalia-Kasa

probably a potato tbh
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
OK so I have this survey (take it if you want too it'll help me a lot) and I'm noticing a lot of people are finding it highly important to keep a consistent tone between appends. I thought it'd be interesting to discuss this one further.

First off - I kept the question short because I didn't want it to be too long to read in the survey, so I'm not sure how many people are thinking the same way.

How important do you think it is for an UTAU's appends to stay tonally consistent with its core library? What way do you mean tonally consistent? What does that mean for genderbend appends and different kind of stylistic appends? What about accented appends for different genres (i.e. in English, an accent for indie-folk versus an accent for pop)?

I just am curious to see what you all think.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Awaclus

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It's a question of how you market it. If you do appends that don't sound like the core library, you can frame it as a multitude of different tonal options, and if you keep the appends consistent with the core library, you can frame it as a library which reflects how a real vocalist sounds when the same vocalist sings in different styles.