How in the world did Missile_39 (Adachi Rei) make a xylophone note into in the "a" sound ????????????

ematares

Teto's Territory
Specifically , at '24:39". I desire to know how to do this because It would be so fun to make an UTAU out of a xylophone . I have been attempting to translate but I am not sure what they mean :"))) Please any explanations would be SO helpful tysm in Advance!!

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I know there's a VST called Vocalizer that can make sounds into vocal-sounding things, but I'm not sure how exactly. Also it costs like 50 bucks right now and I don't know how good the trial is.
Outside of that, there's also the possibility of editing samples in Audacity like this vb:

I've tried doing the spectrogram editing though, and it's really time consuming to do. I got through a few vowels before giving up.

Reactions: ematares

ematares

Teto's Territory
I know there's a VST called Vocalizer that can make sounds into vocal-sounding things, but I'm not sure how exactly. Also it costs like 50 bucks right now and I don't know how good the trial is.
Outside of that, there's also the possibility of editing samples in Audacity like this vb:

I've tried doing the spectrogram editing though, and it's really time consuming to do. I got through a few vowels before giving up.

Thanks! But one question If I wanted to start spectrogram editing how would I even start that? Once again tysm!!

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Thanks! But one question If I wanted to start spectrogram editing how would I even start that? Once again tysm!!
There's a spectrogram tool in Audacty. Import a sample, turn the view on the track to spectrogram mode, then use the selection tool to highlight parts of it. If you go to "Effect" at the very top of the screen and scroll down to the bottom, there are two tools that are important: "Spectral edit multi tool" and "Spectral edit parameteric eq." These sort of....decrease or increase the amplitude of an area. I think? All I know is it makes the colors change, and if you fiddle with it enough, you can mimic a voice.
Like the video mentions, it's preferable to have a few references set up so you can see what parts to edit. I got the top result from editing based on the bottom audio and it........sounds. It definitely sounds.

1616914626296.png

Reactions: ematares

missile_39

Momo's Minion
Hello, my name is missike_39.
I have a hard time writing English, so please excuse the automatic translation.

Are you talking about how to make consonants? What I mean by this is that consonants are not continuous waveforms, so they cannot be synthesized by sine wave synthesis as before, so we need to create noises that resemble consonants somehow.

To be more specific, here is a site that shows frequency analysis of Japanese speech, etc. Based on this information, we can adjust the frequency components specific to consonants using an equalizer, etc., and create them one by one. This is a process that requires a lot of patience and a certain sense.

音声認識~周波数スペクトルで音素を判別​

https://myonseininsiki.syogyoumujou.com/boin_aiueo.html

However, in the terms of use of Adachi Rei, it is written that the consonants included in Adachi Rei can be used in new sound sources if you indicate that you have used them.
In fact, there are a number of unattended sound sources created using Adachi Rei's consonant sets.

乃乃歌

電話歌キレ太

朝空マイ

There may be some consonants that can be used in English as well.

This may also be helpful.

声のようなものを作る【UTAU音源制作過程】

Last edited:

ematares

Teto's Territory
Hello, my name is missike_39.
I have a hard time writing English, so please excuse the automatic translation.

Are you talking about how to make consonants? What I mean by this is that consonants are not continuous waveforms, so they cannot be synthesized by sine wave synthesis as before, so we need to create noises that resemble consonants somehow.

To be more specific, here is a site that shows frequency analysis of Japanese speech, etc. Based on this information, we can adjust the frequency components specific to consonants using an equalizer, etc., and create them one by one. This is a process that requires a lot of patience and a certain sense.

音声認識~周波数スペクトルで音素を判別​

https://myonseininsiki.syogyoumujou.com/boin_aiueo.html

However, in the terms of use of Adachi Rei, it is written that the consonants included in Adachi Rei can be used in new sound sources if you indicate that you have used them.
In fact, there are a number of unattended sound sources created using Adachi Rei's consonant sets.

乃乃歌

電話歌キレ太

朝空マイ

There may be some consonants that can be used in English as well.

This may also be helpful.

声のようなものを作る【UTAU音源制作過程】
Oh wow! Thank you much! I was not expecting a direct response from you at all so I am very surprised! Thank you so so much for your response! I will make sure to look at all the sources you have sent ! :smile:

Reactions: missile_39