How long does it take to record a voicebank?

Arytii

Teto's Territory
like japanese vb's are easy to do when you have experience and usually take no more than 2 days.

but how about other reclists? share ur thoughts

jokester127

Momo's Minion
CV
30 mins recording
1 minuite waiting for moresampler to oto
VCV
1.5 hours recording
3 minuites waiting form moresampler to oto
Yes i am lazy so moresampler otoes
Post automatically merged:

Moresampler CV is bad but VCV is amazing

Reactions: Arytii

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Depends on the list and pitch count. I can get through JPN pretty quickly usually about 30min-1hr. I use a cvvc list that’s around 55-58 lines, so i can knock out a multi pitch in a day. if vcv or any other language, it’s gonna take me a while

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You can estimate the recording time by seeing how many lines are in a reclist, and multiplying that by the time it takes to record 1 line. For example, the ARPAsing 0.2.0 reclist is 235 lines long. If each line takes 5 seconds to record, that's 1175 seconds total, or about 20 minutes. You can do the same calculation for any other reclist.
However, that's just the raw recording time, which doesn't include the time you spend setting up your recording equipment, switching between lines, etc. I recommend multiplying the original calculation by 2 to get a rough estimate of the total time, if you need to schedule that much time in your day.

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
Personally, I can get a CV or stringed JP CVVC bank recorded in about 20 to 30 minutes, and a VCV recorded in about 45 to 60 minutes. Give or take 5 to 10 minutes of set-up/take-down.

I've recorded two pitches for my English reclist thus far and both have taken me around 5-6 hours each, but partially because I take short breaks as needed throughout the recording process. I also split recording for them up over multiple days so it's hard to get an exact estimate. I might time myself more precisely for the 3rd pitch.

Last edited: