How many samples are usually in an english voicebank?

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
All I know is 100 or 200+ but I might be wrong I think VCCV english is up to 300 or 1000 samples

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
Depends on what method of recording you're using and how many pitches you plan to record in. For VCCV 1066 for one pitch. I currently have recorded over 4000 for my current VCCV bank due to makin her multipitch.

ExistenceReaper

Procrastinator
Defender of Defoko
Depends on what method of recording you're using and how many pitches you plan to record in. For VCCV 1066 for one pitch. I currently have recorded over 4000 for my current VCCV bank due to makin her multipitch.
That's a lot; this is why I'm still scared of VCCV

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
That's a lot; this is why I'm still scared of VCCV
Well, it definitely does seem like a lot and I didn't get all the pitches recorded in one day either. If you're going for a one pitch bank it shouldnt take too long to record given you've watched the tutorials and you use OREMO+the guide bgm given to you.

Reactions: Nohkara

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
Well, it definitely does seem like a lot and I didn't get all the pitches recorded in one day either. If you're going for a one pitch bank it shouldnt take too long to record given you've watched the tutorials and you use OREMO+the guide bgm given to you.
By the way how long did it take you to record all so I won't complain to myself again x3

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you multiply the number of samples by the length of the BGM, it takes 1 hour and 47 minutes to record a single pitch of English VCCV. Add a few minutes for drinking water and such, and that's 2 hours.

Reactions: Zoku and Nohkara

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
If you take your time and record per folder (I personally recorded in order of smallest amount of samples per folder) it seems a lot less daunting. + The BGM really helps put you on autopilot. Good luck, if you decide to record it!

Reactions: Nohkara

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know OP specifically stated VCCV in a later post but I'll post a more general answer here:
The length of English depends on the list, some lists have only a few hundred and some can have many thousands.
Generally the more the list covers within a certain vowel constraint the easier it is to actually use.
For example: a list with 1000 sounds and only 7 vowels would potentially be easier to use than a list with 14 vowels and only 1000 sounds.
That being said it also depends on how robust the list is, many lists follow a "completionists approach" where they just make as many combinations as possible without proof-reading. This means the list could have all the needed combinations at the expense of having many junk recordings that my potentially never be used.

That being said, an english recording list to start will be around 1000 sounds minimum for a somewhat complete-ish selection. Barring usability as a factor.

Reactions: Zoku

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
By the way how long did it take you to record all so I won't complain to myself again x3
While in technicality and factoring in I only had not even a couple of hours a day, if even, to record a day it took me a few days. If you actually factor in the time I spent sitting down and getting recording done it probably took me between about 8 - 9 hours to record Majo VCCV Rogue. I'd suggest sitting down and taking as much free time as you can to get as much of your recording done as possible so that you don't have to drag it out for days on end. Hope this is helpful.