How to fix missing notes

Light

Momo's Minion
I didn't see a thread for this yet if there is one i'll take this down

So when I was really new to utau I made this really bad cover (as expected) with a lot of notes missing. And I hear covers with a lot of notes missing so I am going to try to explain what to do when a note is missing. People can add to this and i'll update it

1) Romaji or hiragana,Go to voice bank settings , If some of the sounds are labeled in hiragana(japanese) , and the UST file notes are in english then they won't play. However you can put the right hiragana or romaji(english lyric) into the alias box to make it work

2) See if the bank is actually missing the sound
Go to voice bank and see if there is actually a recording for the sound if it is there make an alias saying what the note is/sounds like and write that on the note.

3) If there is a sound missing from the voice, then you can do a few things:
Use two similar sounds to make the missing noise (if "ka" was the missing sound then use a very short "ku" and a longer "a" sound and it will play)

Use a similar sound (usually only works on fast songs not really recommended) if "fu" was gone you could use "bu" to be similar

Use an append of the same voice: If the voice has an append soft or whatnot the you can make a copy of the voice folder in order not to lose it and in the new folder, delete the wanted wav file. then enter the append file (it's gonna need an oto though)

~(>u<)~