How to fix mojibake of this voice banks?

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
***please, read whole post before reply***

So, I fond two Chinese voice banks called 仲夏クミ and 熊歌リカ but I have problem with unzipping both VBs.

They both are Hiragana Encoded and for some reasons, they are mojibake like this (click the spoiler to see images)

屏幕快照 2017-04-01 21.06.48.png 屏幕快照 2017-04-01 21.06.27.png 屏幕快照 2017-04-01 21.06.01.png

I usually have no problem with unzipping hiragana encoded voice banks but for some odd reasons, these Chinese ones only gives this issue. Even in Chinese UTAU group Wiki (UTAU中華組ウィキ) has a FAQ about this issue and states like this

屏幕快照 2017-04-01 21.12.56.png

Rough English translate:

Q) When I downloaded a voicebank file, it was mojibake/kanji.
A) If voice bank's files are kanji, it is mojibake. Please, try use another decompression program and try again. According to people's feedback, the latest version of Lhaplus is recommend.

I have tried to open the zip files with following programs: Keka, The Unarchiver and mac default decompression program one but NONE worked! I have also tried to change computer's language as you can see from my screenshots but that didn't change anything, same issue still!

I really want to use this two voice banks, please help if you can :"""" Thanks!

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You can't unzip unicode with the default mac zip utility, try downloading an alternative and trying again.

I don't think any of the software you tried will.

If you can't get it to extract properly at all then you could possibly convert the character encoding.

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You can't unzip unicode with the default mac zip utility, try downloading an alternative and trying again.

I don't think any of the software you tried will.

If you can't get it to extract properly at all then you could possibly convert the character encoding.

Ummmhhh... Is there any program that could solve this issue...?!? Keka and The Unarchiver are both tried but didn't work

Cheese

cured meat enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey! Sorry if this isn't really helpful, but a lot of Chinese UTAU users don't actually use Japanese locale, which is what causes this issue. Haru.jpg has a tutorial in Chinese on converting Japanese encoded banks, so maybe by looking at it you could figure out how to convert Chinese encoded banks...?

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That tutorial won't work for mac users.
This is weird because generally locale isn't a concern for mac users...they just need to use the correct archiver.

Um... If you want I can try to download the voicebanks and repack them? But I'd need to know which ones

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, how about http://b1.org/download-mac
I tried to extract Chuuka Kumi with in on Linux, and it worked..No mojibakes
I hope the Mac ver. works the same way^^
Hello! I managed to extract Chuuka Kumi's all VBs with this program and Lika's CV VB. :smile: The only VB what I couldn't extract was however Lika's multi pitch VCV... ^^;
[doublepost=1491113077][/doublepost]
Hey! Sorry if this isn't really helpful, but a lot of Chinese UTAU users don't actually use Japanese locale, which is what causes this issue. Haru.jpg has a tutorial in Chinese on converting Japanese encoded banks, so maybe by looking at it you could figure out how to convert Chinese encoded banks...?

Sadly, I don't read Chinese and when I tried to let Google Chrome to translate the page from Chinese to English, I understood nothing. Translation was bad TBH
[doublepost=1491113343][/doublepost]
That tutorial won't work for mac users.
This is weird because generally locale isn't a concern for mac users...they just need to use the correct archiver.

Um... If you want I can try to download the voicebanks and repack them? But I'd need to know which ones
The extract program what @Soursop the fruit suggested worked to all wanted VB EXPECT to Kumaka Lika's multi pitch VCV.

Lika's DL page is here, "Japanese_VCV_Syrup" didn't worked, could you try to repack that one?

Reactions: Soursop the fruit

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay so I'm almost there- .....kinda...of

The encoding was totally screwed. Even with my locale changed to Chinese it refused to make sense of it.
I manually converted all the filenames and oto files for the most part so now utau can load everything.

One problem- A gremlin is doing something quite interesting... Rendering doens't make any sound, it launches a second utau from the resampler.

I need a blood sacrifice.