How to make an Utau do that Punk shout/yell (NOT scream)?

KrimsonDCLXVI

Momo's Minion
Note that this is way different from a scream and I am asking because the scream utaus that I currently have are not able to replicate this. They are meant for metal scream/grunts/gutteral growls but I want fierce shouts/yells perhaps with slight growls mainly found in punk genres and maybe some hiphop genres like these:

I'm wondering if I have a better chance at this with regular utaus and multi-pitch utaus. Can I do these with regular singing Utaus? If so, any advice? I really really need help because I want to get this long overdue first ever cover finally done since I was dumb enough to assume maiko would be good for the job of covering a punk song (*nervous sweats* I was SOOOOOOOOO wrong I really screwed up very bad).

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You'll want to look for powerful singing voicebanks, which may be labelled various things such as power, shout, strong, etc. Another option is powerscale/"kire" voicebanks, which have powerful high notes and softer low notes.

For parts of the song with regular sung notes, you can simply match pitch. For more shouty parts, you can approximate the pitch of the note, and then use pitchbends to approximate the contour. It will be easier to edit pitchbends if you enable Mode 2 using the button in the top bar of UTAU.
You can click and drag on the small squares to move the control points of the pitch curve. If you right click on a square, you can add additional points. Something like this shape might work, but you should listen to the results and adjust it until it sounds the way you want.
1625021898857.png

For a gritty edge on the vocal tone, you may want to seek out "growl voicebanks".
Another method is to use resamplers specifically for a growling effect, such as Moresampler's flags or utaugrowl.
However, the method that works on ALL voicebanks and ALL resamplers is extreme vibrato.

Right click on the note and select "Pitch". Enable the Vibrato checkbox, and set Depth to 200. Then in Cycle, type a small value like 20, and IMMEDIATELY press Enter. If you click outside of the box, or if you try to close the window using the buttons, it will snap back to 64.
1625022277557.png

Reactions: KrimsonDCLXVI

KrimsonDCLXVI

Momo's Minion
You'll want to look for powerful singing voicebanks, which may be labelled various things such as power, shout, strong, etc. Another option is powerscale/"kire" voicebanks, which have powerful high notes and softer low notes.

For parts of the song with regular sung notes, you can simply match pitch. For more shouty parts, you can approximate the pitch of the note, and then use pitchbends to approximate the contour. It will be easier to edit pitchbends if you enable Mode 2 using the button in the top bar of UTAU.
You can click and drag on the small squares to move the control points of the pitch curve. If you right click on a square, you can add additional points. Something like this shape might work, but you should listen to the results and adjust it until it sounds the way you want.
View attachment 10560

For a gritty edge on the vocal tone, you may want to seek out "growl voicebanks".
Another method is to use resamplers specifically for a growling effect, such as Moresampler's flags or utaugrowl.
However, the method that works on ALL voicebanks and ALL resamplers is extreme vibrato.

Right click on the note and select "Pitch". Enable the Vibrato checkbox, and set Depth to 200. Then in Cycle, type a small value like 20, and IMMEDIATELY press Enter. If you click outside of the box, or if you try to close the window using the buttons, it will snap back to 64.
View attachment 10562
Thank you so much you are so helpful! I wish I had as much knowledge as you on this stuff!^^