Hello, I'm fairly new to UTAU, however I can make covers and I have made a CV voicebank. My only issue is the otoing, no matter how it's explained nothing makes sense to me, could anyone help further explain it? Thank you.

Reactions: Big_B

mi1chi(defoko #1 fan !!!!

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
i could just oto it for you if youd like ? ill still try to explain it tho

vowels (a, i u e o n)

for vowels i drag the offset (the blue one at the start) a little bit after the start of the sound. i then grab the consonant (the pink) one a couple ms (or until the wav is stable) and then i drag the overlap (longer green line) halfway into the consonant
vowel.jpg
for hard consonants (t, ch, k, g, j, d, b)
i drag the offset (blue) to the start of the consonant and then drag the consonant (pink part) a couple ms (aslong as you drag it over the louder part of the vowel its fine) and then drag the preutterance (red line) to the end of the consonant (this is optional but i recommend draging the overlap like rigt on top of the preutterance it just makes it sound smoother lol) hard.jpg

for soft consonants (sh, h, m, n, y, r, z)
its alnost identical to otoing hard consonats, exept drag the overlap (green line) to halfway of where the preutterance is
soft.jpg
sorry if i just made u more confused tho im bad at explaining jdijshshrhjrbf

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You generally do not want to have overlap on "hard" consonants, because that will cause the consonant sound to be crossfaded in the previous note and you will no longer be able to hear it clearly. Here's a CV OTOing guide I wrote a while ago that you can refer to instead.

viathementallyunstableper

Momo's Minion
i could just oto it for you if youd like ? ill still try to explain it tho

vowels (a, i u e o n)

for vowels i drag the offset (the blue one at the start) a little bit after the start of the sound. i then grab the consonant (the pink) one a couple ms (or until the wav is stable) and then i drag the overlap (longer green line) halfway into the consonant
View attachment 11284
for hard consonants (t, ch, k, g, j, d, b)
i drag the offset (blue) to the start of the consonant and then drag the consonant (pink part) a couple ms (aslong as you drag it over the louder part of the vowel its fine) and then drag the preutterance (red line) to the end of the consonant (this is optional but i recommend draging the overlap like rigt on top of the preutterance it just makes it sound smoother lol) View attachment 11286

for soft consonants (sh, h, m, n, y, r, z)
its alnost identical to otoing hard consonats, exept drag the overlap (green line) to halfway of where the preutterance is
View attachment 11287
sorry if i just made u more confused tho im bad at explaining jdijshshrhjrbf
Thank you so much! I will use this as a guide, if i encounter any problems I will let you know :D
Post automatically merged:

You generally do not want to have overlap on "hard" consonants, because that will cause the consonant sound to be crossfaded in the previous note and you will no longer be able to hear it clearly. Here's a CV OTOing guide I wrote a while ago that you can refer to instead.

thank you :D