How to render UTAU Screamo/Growl?

kukuism21

Momo's Minion
I've been thinking of making a screamo bank for my UTAUs so I tried downloading some screamo banks to observe. When I play the notes, it is subject to the resampler and makes it like a note- (sorry don't know how to explain it!) I'm not so sure how to make it so that it sounds more growly and full- like this:

I think Kumi does a great job at it, but I don't know how to render the audio right so that it sounds actually screamo rather than playing out a note. Anyone know how to do that? Thanks!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You're better off learning scream techniques from vocal coaches that specialize in metal vocals than by trying to mimic other amateurs. I recommend VoiceHacks and Extreme Vocal Institute. Here are a few beginner videos to start out with! Please be careful on your voice and don't push it too far just for the sake of a single voicebank. I would love to hear more high quality scream voicebanks in the community, and that comes from practice.

Reactions: Nohkara

jass

Teto's Territory
It depends on the vocal, chances are you're using the wrong resampler. There's probably a recommended resampler for the vocal (most of Kumi's banks have a resampler listed as the most suitable), Hakaine Maiko uses a fry scream, so I use tn_fnds or moresampler. Or just set breath to zero, it kinda worked for me, but the results were meh.
As for recording, I'll agree to Kiyoteru there, many screamo musicians have pretty good tips.

Reactions: Nohkara

kukuism21

Momo's Minion
Thank you all! I'll be sure to use to your advice!!
@jass @Kiyoteru
[doublepost=1607358653][/doublepost]
It depends on the vocal, chances are you're using the wrong resampler. There's probably a recommended resampler for the vocal (most of Kumi's banks have a resampler listed as the most suitable), Hakaine Maiko uses a fry scream, so I use tn_fnds or moresampler. Or just set breath to zero, it kinda worked for me, but the results were meh.
As for recording, I'll agree to Kiyoteru there, many screamo musicians have pretty good tips.
Works like a charm! Thanks!