How to use a vcv voicebank?

BeanWantaBurger

Momo's Minion
'Ello all! I've had utau for a year, and although I barely use it, I do have the gist of it. But, I still now how the heck to use a vcv voicebank. How do you, like, activate it and all that stuff? I can't go into the vcv folder of the utaus I have that have vcvs, because nothing pops up.

Also, why is it that when I use usts, almost every time I use them, the utaus I have go really quiet, and then literally scream? It really hurts my ears.

Thanks everyone c:!

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
I might be wrong but, VCV is are really easy.
I have UTAU-SYNTH so don't get freaked out, there the same.

The first attachment below basically is saying:
The e か note is another sample of: か itself. It makes this utau sound more alive.
a か is exactly like that (just recorded "aka"). Using VCV is to enrich the voice of utau.
So "a か” would sound better then entering the note "あ” and then add the ”か” note. It wouldn't sound together exactly, right! VCV helps fullfill this dream keeping the notes together.

Second attachment:
Let's try out this VCV bank.
I made demo for you. Let's start with the words "kawaii desu" which means it's cute.
For VCV we will put the notes like this:
"ka" "a wa" "e i" "de" "e su"
For a CV bank we would just do this:
"ka" "wa" "i" "de" "su"

I posted a demo on soundcloud: [soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/poundthemochi/kawaii-desu-kiku-utau-vcv-cv[/soundcloud]
The first sample as you may have known was VCV.
Oh and on the sound thing your having remember usts are ment to be the base of your utau song not the final copy.
Hope I helped!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-06-01 at 8.39.20 PM.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen shot 2012-06-01 at 9.05.03 PM.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 35

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
O...k.... I will try to be more objective here:

First; get the next plugin from http://www20.atwiki.jp/utaou/pages/36.html
  • Continuous sounds batch setup plug-in 「連続音一括設定プラグイン」 (Its installation is recommended as it may simplify the work.)

Unzip them and put them on your plug-in folder inside UTAU.

THEN

1) Open your ust
2) Select all the notes with CTRL+A
3) Right click and select "Region properties"
4) Delete the mod, clear the preutt and overlap, delete the STP
5) Delete BRE (if needed).
6) Set the consonant velocity to a number equal to the tempo of the song; this will reduce a bit the slurr; but dont add too much or the consonant pronunciation will be lost.
7) Go to Tools > Plugins > 連続音一括設定プラグイン
8) Your ust will turn into VCV now
9) Press the button P2P3 on the right upper corner
10) Select all
11) Right click and clear caché
12) Right click and go to region properties
13) Set the Mod to 0 (SO IMPORTANT), set the BRE to your taste.
14) Press play button.
15) DONE.

thats a pretty basic way to work with VCV banks; if you no re-oto them, then this is how you should work with them.

Practice these steps and you will find in no time you can use them easily.

It's always better to adjust from CV to VCV than using a pre-made VCV voicebank; and the reason is that some people use different reclists and some combos of VCV may not be present; as an example: using a VCV ust with Namine Ritsu data will not fit perfectly on Sukone Tei's VCV; since some combos on her reclist are missing and you should use the starting notes (- か) to fix that. This varies from bank to bank.

To turn a VCV ust to CV (to turn it back to VCV laters) just do the next

1) Select all
2) Go to Tools > Build-in tools > Surfix Broker.
3) Check the "Remove Prefix" box
4) Acept
5) DONE! Your VCV ust is not CV.

Hope you find this helpful.

BeanWantaBurger

Momo's Minion
Thanks everyone! I'll try out vcv voicebanks some time soon (finals are coming up, so not much time over here :P).