How to write a song with phonetic alphabet?

Wolfe Nebula

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Halp, Utau is already downloaded and I have the whole japanese local thing covered, but is there a way to type in english and for the syllables to come out, maybe a plugin or a patch? It's just I don't speak japanese and it's hard to get the grammar correct if you're translating words. I really want to help pop out some awesome UTAU originals and maybe make an Utau myself, help the community and such. Yeet Yeet

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You're in luck, because we have Arpasing! It's a recent method for English UTAU that does what you're asking for- easy conversion from English words to phonemes. For more information, like on how to use it, you can either go to UTAforum's resource section or check out the Arpasing website.
http://arpasing.neocities.org
You'll have to use arpasing voicebanks to use this method, which aren't very common yet.

A longer established english UTAU method is PaintedCZ's VCCV reclist, which has a series of video tutorials on YouTube here.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCplkjUb64gAUePNKBMRvv5sopzYd-77Z
There's plenty more voicebanks and support for this method, since it's been around for a while.

The fortunate thing is that you can convert VCCV voicebanks to Arpasing, which means that you don't even have to learn this arbitrary phonetic system. You can use the Arpasing Assistant plugin just as easily for turning words into phonemes. There's notes on how to do that on the Reclists page of the Arpasing website, and in the description of this demo.

Reactions: Damien

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Also, if you for some reason stumble upon a Delta english CVVC bank you want to use, the English imput helper is quite usefull. Just keep in mind you might have to switch up the vowels and stuff if the bank has a heavy non english/american accent.
I highly recomend using the other bank types that Kiyoteru have mentioned thou. Mostly due to them being more popular to record among English speakers.

Reactions: Kiyoteru