Howdy, I'm very new and in need of assistance... Sound Issues...

Lilith Alucard

Momo's Minion
Ok... So I installed UTAU about a day or so ago and I kinda figured out how to work it (For the most part.) But I have a soft spot for Teto's vocals. here's my issue. I can get the default vocals to sing but Teto remains silent. No matter what I do, Teto specifically will not make any sounds whatsoever. I did tests and everything. ONLY Teto is silent. I've even gone as far as simply downloading ALL the voicebanks instead of only the ones I thought I would need/want. I followed all the instructions (Or so I hope) and still when I swap over to Teto's Voicebanks it's as if I pressed mute. I've tried uninstalling, Re-changing my local, keyboard, and the decimal settings to meet the requirements. Restarted my PC then Installing UTAU but I get the same issue. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Is it possible that you're using a CV UST for one of her VCV voicebanks? Some of her banks also have specific suffixes if I'm remembering correctly...

Which voicebank(s) did you originally want to use, and which UST are you using (if you're using one)? A picture of the notes that won't play might also help, if you'd prefer to do that. I think we just need an idea of what's going on specifically, and then someone may be able to help!

Lilith Alucard

Momo's Minion
Is it possible that you're using a CV UST for one of her VCV voicebanks? Some of her banks also have specific suffixes if I'm remembering correctly...

Which voicebank(s) did you originally want to use, and which UST are you using (if you're using one)? A picture of the notes that won't play might also help, if you'd prefer to do that. I think we just need an idea of what's going on specifically, and then someone may be able to help!

I'm not using any UST's at the moment due to simply learning how the software works. I was originally going to try using Teto's Diphone V-CV, (Sakebi) Triphone VCV, and english CVVC (As of about an hour before the initial post, I downloaded All of Teto's voicebanks to see if that helped... It did not). My vocal tests consist of several "あ" in different tones. When I play them with the default voice banks it comes out exactly as you'd expect. But when I swap the voicebanks over to Teto, she simply won't sound off. When I press play, The screen shows that it's scrolling over the notes and the notes themselves highlight as it progresses. But no sound comes out of Teto.

You could try to contact the dev for Teto...

I'm saving that as a last resort.

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I don't remember exactly how Teto's banks work, but I can think of some solutions depending on the bank. If none of these help, I'll check each VB later!

Diphone/Sakebi: You may need to add a - to the start of the note to make it "- あ". VCV voicebanks in general have - in front of starting notes (notes after a rest), so you may see this again with another UTAU.
Sakebi specifically: I might be wrong, but I think all of Teto Sakebi's configured notes have a ↑ suffix. If "- あ" doesn't work, try "- あ↑".
English CVVC: Since it's an English VB, it probably doesn't support hiragana ^^;

I also recommend downloading some USTs and testing them out! They might help you learn how different types of voicebanks work, including hers.

Lilith Alucard

Momo's Minion
I don't remember exactly how Teto's banks work, but I can think of some solutions depending on the bank. If none of these help, I'll check each VB later!

Diphone/Sakebi: You may need to add a - to the start of the note to make it "- あ". VCV voicebanks in general have - in front of starting notes (notes after a rest), so you may see this again with another UTAU.
Sakebi specifically: I might be wrong, but I think all of Teto Sakebi's configured notes have a ↑ suffix. If "- あ" doesn't work, try "- あ↑".
English CVVC: Since it's an English VB, it probably doesn't support hiragana ^^;

I also recommend downloading some USTs and testing them out! They might help you learn how different types of voicebanks work, including hers.

Ok so I downloaded the Lost ones Weeping UST from this creator
And I see what you meant about the notes being "- あ" or "a す" etc.
And this creator uses Teto. But Teto still refuses to sing when I use the Main file. If I manually remove all the "-" (and similar extras) then the default voicebank sings it just as intended. I also attempted to place a few "↑" as you suggested but there is no change.

I also Downloaded ライアーダンス UST. This one was more straight forward. But again "Teto" won't sing it.

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I took a closer look at all of them. Sakebi does have the ↑ on every configured note/alias, but it should've worked if you added that. I'm not sure why it isn't ^^;
I just want to eliminate this as an issue. When you download her Diphone voicebank, there should be three folders:
1. 重音テトエクストラ (Kasane Teto extra)
2. 重音テト公式ロゴ (Kasane Teto official logo)
3. 重音テト単独音 (Kasane Teto CV)

When you try to select Teto's voicebank for use, are you clicking on any of those three? If you are, don't. The third has all of the sounds that UTAU needs to make her sing, so the first two folders won't work.
Open the main folder (it might be called TETO-tandoku-100619 or 重音テト音声ライブラリー), and make sure UTAU accepts that as the voicebank. If this doesn't make sense, I can try to explain it again!

If you installed Teto's voicebank by following that guide at the bottom of her voicebank page... it should have worked just fine, so I'm not sure what to do. Sorry! (I didn't follow that guide when I downloaded Teto, so my setup is different.)

Reactions: Lilith Alucard

Lilith Alucard

Momo's Minion
I took a closer look at all of them. Sakebi does have the ↑ on every configured note/alias, but it should've worked if you added that. I'm not sure why it isn't ^^;
I just want to eliminate this as an issue. When you download her Diphone voicebank, there should be three folders:
1. 重音テトエクストラ (Kasane Teto extra)
2. 重音テト公式ロゴ (Kasane Teto official logo)
3. 重音テト単独音 (Kasane Teto CV)

When you try to select Teto's voicebank for use, are you clicking on any of those three? If you are, don't. The third has all of the sounds that UTAU needs to make her sing, so the first two folders won't work.
Open the main folder (it might be called TETO-tandoku-100619 or 重音テト音声ライブラリー), and make sure UTAU accepts that as the voicebank. If this doesn't make sense, I can try to explain it again!

If you installed Teto's voicebank by following that guide at the bottom of her voicebank page... it should have worked just fine, so I'm not sure what to do. Sorry! (I didn't follow that guide when I downloaded Teto, so my setup is different.)

Ok I found my problem. Only thanks to you actually. I did a few tests with the files themselves. And I feel like an idiot for not noticing it. I knew it had to be an issue on my part since I'm a new user. Teto is now singing. I appreciate your help. lol

The issue was that i wasn't supposed to be combining folders. Me = Derp

Reactions: lunari162