TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi, all, it's me again. Sorry, I realize this is the second time I've asked for critique on the same song (although months apart), but I've done a lot more with it and changed a lot of things since last time. And I'm very hesitant to do much more mixing until I'm sure the tuning is okay. I'm hoping to make a PV out of this, so I really want it to be the best it can be. (Also, is it bad etiquette to ask for critique more than once on the same cover? Or on a song this long? Should I have just put this in the same thread as last time? Please let me know and I'll take this down if necessary!)

So if you have the time to listen to this, please let me know what you think of the tuning. And also if the volume of the vocals vs the instrumentals is okay. Advice for improvement would be much appreciated, if you have some! Feel free to be totally honest, I won't take offense.

Last edited:

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
The vocals in the beginning parts are too quiet unless you were going for that and drown out from 7:20 onward, but other than that, the balance in the other parts are fine.

For the tuning here are some suggestions:

You seem a bit conservative when it comes to vibrato. I think you could add some more/strengthed the depth and/or reduce the number of cycles.

Here a simple tuning technique upload_2017-3-11_21-45-7.png a lot of notes sound a bit bland but if you want them to sound a bit lively without having complicated pitch.

TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
The vocals in the beginning parts are too quiet unless you were going for that and drown out from 7:20 onward, but other than that, the balance in the other parts are fine.

For the tuning here are some suggestions:

You seem a bit conservative when it comes to vibrato. I think you could add some more/strengthed the depth and/or reduce the number of cycles.

Here a simple tuning technique View attachment 4357 a lot of notes sound a bit bland but if you want them to sound a bit lively without having complicated pitch.

Hi, kimchi-tan, thank you for the feedback! ^^
I was kind of going for a quieter, more distant sound for the first verse, but I might have overdone it a bit. I'll make it at least a little louder. And I'll adjust the parts after 7:20, too.

You think so? I can never tell how much vibrato is too much, so I'm always a bit hesitant about it. Okay, so fewer cycles but deeper, then? All right, I'll go back through and give that a try!

Ooh, that looks interesting. Thanks, I'll play around with that and other bolder tuning techniques.

Reactions: kimchi-tan