Hurting for a Very Hurtful Pain UST Crashing My UTAU.

Chromomancer

Momo's Minion
HFAVHP UST by MystSaphyr repeatedly crashes UTAU for me. I booted up the UST and when I started to play it (the main vocal), it would crash no more than twenty seconds into playing. I'm using Yokune Ruko Female VCV, but that voice bank has worked in all of my other projects. I've also used a different VCV for HFAVHP, but it has the same results. I'd appreciate some help!

Reactions: Big_B

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ensure there are no strange punctuation symbols in the entire folder path, or file access permission issues. Don't enable resampler.dll, just use the ordinary resampler. It's completely normal for a black command window to pop up when you don't use the DLL.

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Check your options and see if they're like mine (Idk if this is the right configurations, but it is working for me)

upload_2020-8-30_11-12-33.png

upload_2020-8-30_11-13-8.png

upload_2020-8-30_11-13-24.png

upload_2020-8-30_11-13-35.png

upload_2020-8-30_11-13-46.png

And check if your "use resampler.dll" is checked. If it is uncheck it.

Chromomancer

Momo's Minion
Check your options and see if they're like mine (Idk if this is the right configurations, but it is working for me)

View attachment 9562

View attachment 9563

View attachment 9564

View attachment 9565

View attachment 9566

And check if your "use resampler.dll" is checked. If it is uncheck it.
I'll do that and get back to ya, but I have a question. Why does resampler.dll have to be off? Does it cause issues that I'm unaware of? It works just fine in all my other projects, and speeds up the rendering time, too.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'll do that and get back to ya, but I have a question. Why does resampler.dll have to be off? Does it cause issues that I'm unaware of? It works just fine in all my other projects, and speeds up the rendering time, too.
When you're using resampler.dll, you're actually not using the specified resampler at all. It's a completely separate resampler of its own. If you're intending to use something like Moresampler, TIPS, tn_fnds, etc. then you need to make sure you're not accidentally using resampler.dll. The way UTAU processes the notes is different between using the DLL and using a normal EXE resampler, which is why the black command window pops up.

Chromomancer

Momo's Minion
When you're using resampler.dll, you're actually not using the specified resampler at all. It's a completely separate resampler of its own. If you're intending to use something like Moresampler, TIPS, tn_fnds, etc. then you need to make sure you're not accidentally using resampler.dll. The way UTAU processes the notes is different between using the DLL and using a normal EXE resampler, which is why the black command window pops up.
I know that resampler.dll is an entirely different resampler; I've messed with the utau program files enough to know that. I'm asking if it's just not a good resampler and is causing problems. I've had no problems with it in the past. I don't have any other resamplers installed (besides utagrowl), so all I use is just standard resampler anyway.

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko

I will try to answer you, but I'm not too sure. Sorry 'bout not answering you properly! :/ What I believe that is happening is just a optimization problem. ".exe" and ".dll" are a little different from each other, so when Ameyia did the conversion of the "resampler.exe" it could messed something in the "resampler.dll" that Ameiya doesn't paid attention.

If you want to it work properly again I think that you can try reinstall utau, maybe it will make the messing go away, but I really don't have the proper answer for that. Sry! :/

What I believe that can be too is that utau maybe is the problem, it can be a bug in the program that makes it happen.

I hope it helped, if it doesn't work let me know! ^^ I'm here to help you.

Chromomancer

Momo's Minion
I will try to answer you, but I'm not too sure. Sorry 'bout not answering you properly! :/ What I believe that is happening is just a optimization problem. ".exe" and ".dll" are a little different from each other, so when Ameyia did the conversion of the "resampler.exe" it could messed something in the "resampler.dll" that Ameiya doesn't paid attention.

If you want to it work properly again I think that you can try reinstall utau, maybe it will make the messing go away, but I really don't have the proper answer for that. Sry! :/

What I believe that can be too is that utau maybe is the problem, it can be a bug in the program that makes it happen.

I hope it helped, if it doesn't work let me know! ^^ I'm here to help you.
What's really funny tho is that I thought I'd broken UTAU when it first happened, so I reinstalled it then and there and it still bugged. It's fine if your solution doesn't work tho. I'll test it later. Thanks for the help!

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
View attachment 9568
What's really funny tho is that I thought I'd broken UTAU when it first happened, so I reinstalled it then and there and it still bugged. It's fine if your solution doesn't work tho. I'll test it later. Thanks for the help!

XD I understand you! Sometimes utau don't help us at all! Kkkkkk

Chromomancer

Momo's Minion
View attachment 9568

XD I understand you! Sometimes utau don't help us at all! Kkkkkk
So uh I know it's been a few weeks, but I just now found the time to try your solution. I checked my settings and unchecked resampler.dll, and attempted to render some notes. The black box showed up and about half the notes rendered before... guess what... "resampler.exe has stopped working"! I don't know what to do anymore. ugh.

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
So uh I know it's been a few weeks, but I just now found the time to try your solution. I checked my settings and unchecked resampler.dll, and attempted to render some notes. The black box showed up and about half the notes rendered before... guess what... "resampler.exe has stopped working"! I don't know what to do anymore. ugh.

I will try to download the ust later (Here it is 00:14 a.m) and I will tell you if there is not something with the ust/vb.

Edit: But did you tried to extract the ust and open it in utau?

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hewoo!

Sorry for being late. I did some tests and these are the results:

First I downloaded three voicebanks of Yokune Ruko (And two of them seems to be the same XD) so now I'm with a lot of Yokunes in my pc e.e I tested with 2 more voicebanks, Ken (CV) and Daltaine (VCV). I tried to use the ust before extract and after extract, also I was with my configurations and just used resampler and resampler.dll.

Before I extracted the ust wasn't working, with Yokune and Daltaine, the ust had the same trouble as yours with my utau just closing. I used resampler.dll to render that.

After I tried again, but this time I used both resamplers and Yokune two voicebanks, Ken voicebank and Daltaine vb. Strangely it worked fine with both resamplers and with all voicebanks. (Idk if you know that, but I think it's good to 0 the consonant velocity value. It wasn't what solved the problem to me, but it made the ust easier to understand. Maybe if you 0 the Consonant Velocity the problem will resolve by itself)

So I tried again with the two resamplers and all vbs, but this time I opened the ust before extract it and... it worked well! e.e

At the end I believe that you should try extract the ust, but Idk if it will really help you. It helped me to solve the same problem that you had when I did the tests, but it can be other thing! :P

Utau don't help sometimes, but I hope you can find a solution to the problem soon! ^^

See ya~

Chromomancer

Momo's Minion
Hewoo!

Sorry for being late. I did some tests and these are the results:

First I downloaded three voicebanks of Yokune Ruko (And two of them seems to be the same XD) so now I'm with a lot of Yokunes in my pc e.e I tested with 2 more voicebanks, Ken (CV) and Daltaine (VCV). I tried to use the ust before extract and after extract, also I was with my configurations and just used resampler and resampler.dll.

Before I extracted the ust wasn't working, with Yokune and Daltaine, the ust had the same trouble as yours with my utau just closing. I used resampler.dll to render that.

After I tried again, but this time I used both resamplers and Yokune two voicebanks, Ken voicebank and Daltaine vb. Strangely it worked fine with both resamplers and with all voicebanks. (Idk if you know that, but I think it's good to 0 the consonant velocity value. It wasn't what solved the problem to me, but it made the ust easier to understand. Maybe if you 0 the Consonant Velocity the problem will resolve by itself)

So I tried again with the two resamplers and all vbs, but this time I opened the ust before extract it and... it worked well! e.e

At the end I believe that you should try extract the ust, but Idk if it will really help you. It helped me to solve the same problem that you had when I did the tests, but it can be other thing! :P

Utau don't help sometimes, but I hope you can find a solution to the problem soon! ^^

See ya~
Actually, I opened it today and tried to render it with resampler.dll and I had no issue. It's very weird, but since it seems to be working nicely now, I'm officially calling the problem fixed. Maybe I can finally start work on the cover I had planned now. And if ya stick around, I'll eventually get to posting that on Youtube in say, a couple of months? idk I got a lot on my plate lol.

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Cool! When you post it let me know, I will be happy to see your cover. I'm happy for you, it's nice to know that your problem was fixerd! ^^

See ya~