I can't alias in Hiragana. It turns into weird Chinese-like symbols.

kam0109

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I was making a voicebank and I wanted to make a separate oto with a Hiragana alias. So my UTAU would have a separate Romaji and Hiragana Voicebank. Here's what I did:

1. I copy pasted the whole voicebank and pasted it somewhere else to rename the folders as the Hiragana bank.
2. I opened the oto file in notepad to manually re-alias the whole bank. The encoding was UTF-8
3. I saved the oto files.
4. I opened them back up on notepad again to check if it saved properly, it did. The Hiragana was there.
5. I loaded up the bank in UTAU and all my aliases turned into Chinese-like symbols.
6. I closed UTAU and opened the oto files in notepad to find that they all turned into those symbols.
1617104766529.png

At this point I really don't know what to do :sad:

JamesOvO

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I really don't know what to do about that, I really want to help :sad:
Post automatically merged:

But I think you need to manually alais that, I think... I don't know

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Use Shift JIS encoding. If you're using notepad, this means selecting "ANSI". Since your computer is in Japanese locale, that will force the file to save in Shift JIS.

kam0109

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Use Shift JIS encoding. If you're using notepad, this means selecting "ANSI". Since your computer is in Japanese locale, that will force the file to save in Shift JIS.
Is there no saving the aliasing I spent time on? Like I can't recover it?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's more trouble than it's worth to get the file to reinterpret the bytes correctly. Assuming you're using a Japanese keyboard, it should be pretty quick to retype everything.

kam0109

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I use Microsoft's instant romaji to hiragana converting thingy when you type, so yeah it won't be that hard to for me to re-type :smile: It just overwhelmed me how much time I spent on something that didn't work