UtauloidWannabe

Momo's Minion
I'm having a problem here and it's really aggravating me right now. I originally didn't have my system locale set to Japanese because the way my control panel was set up was a bit different from the tutorials and I got confused. When I finally figured it out, I switched it. I uninstalled Utau before I did this to make sure I didn't run into any issues. Well, that didn't work. When I went through all of the steps to reinstall Utau, it was in Japanese! I know for a fact that I installed the English version because I did it like 5 times! I could finally enter kana like I've been wanting to do, but I couldn't understand the interface at all anymore. I even tried changing the system locale back to English because I didn't have the problem before I changed it, but when I reinstall it, it's just the gibberish that's expected (still not the English version).
Can someone please help? It was one thing to not be able to use kana voicebanks. It's another thing to not be able to coordinate the software at all. I can't seem to find anyone else having this problem and I don't know how to fix it.

1619589474939.png
This is how my control panel differs.

1619589520514.png
This is how Utau now looks.

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
do it again-

There's an option to force the language. I found it then memorized it then forced it to japanese, maybe it works the other way around?

You'll need to restart UTAU afterwards
1619592009757.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is where you can find the option to switch it to English.

utau language.gif

Afterwards, close and reopen UTAU.

Reactions: Lycoris