I can't get my UTAU to sing, at all

Komokori

Momo's Minion
Ok, so I decided to make my own UTAU. Except it won't sing, and I can't get it too. It won't do anything except be awkwardly quiet. Can I have some help?

EDIT: For some reason none of utau will sing.

Last edited:

Emilia

Teto's Territory
a couple reasons could be aliasing as you could be trying to say ka when the file is か so make sure the bank is aliased if it's yours and otherwise make sure the text is written properly as say defoko can only read hiragana

Komokori

Momo's Minion
a couple reasons could be aliasing as you could be trying to say ka when the file is か so make sure the bank is aliased if it's yours and otherwise make sure the text is written properly as say defoko can only read hiragana
Okay, but I have a question.

How do I alias?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Here's how you can configure a basic voicebank to work in UTAU.

Ibis

Teto's Territory
UTAU does have permission to make changes, yes. No, my system locale is not set to Japanese.
You have to set your system locale to japanese in order for everything to work correctly. Change your locale, then re-install Utau.

If you have any further problems after trying this, please feel free to share them.

Reactions: cloudyyskie

Komokori

Momo's Minion
is your locale set to japanese and does utau have permission to make changes?
I am editing that now
Post automatically merged:

You have to set your system locale to japanese in order for everything to work correctly. Change your locale, then re-install Utau.

If you have any further problems after trying this, please feel free to share them.
the forum thinks I'm replying to myself and you

BUT ANYWAY
I'm changing everything now

Reactions: Emilia and Ibis