I cant hear my voicebank

Bonnie

Momo's Minion
Ill explain, i was creating a trollge voicebank (from the blueballs incident) and when iput play, only one vocal is heard, and i dont know why, same thing happened with a ballistic whitty voicebank i made, i dont know how to fix it, i would like if i get some help here :D

JamesOvO

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
check the oto.ini, press ctrl+g and see if it has any oto, or alias. if it only have “あ” alias you can get a blank midi and use the voicebank. if it has alot of alias for a whole use like “か” “れ” “ぬ” “いぇ” etc. you can use it on a ust. If not you can make the alias to play the other sounds in a ust.

Bonnie

Momo's Minion
you can put an alias, if you're using a UST, convert it to the only available words in the voicebank
the vocals i use for the vb are "a" "e" "i" "o" "u" the usts that i use HAVE a e i o u, so i dont know the problems, i dont know if it is because its too loud, here is an example of the audio where i got it

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Your regional settings could also be messing with how UTAU interprets the oto.ini. Go to your Regional Settings panel and set your decimal symbol to a point if you haven't already.

Bonnie

Momo's Minion
Your regional settings could also be messing with how UTAU interprets the oto.ini. Go to your Regional Settings panel and set your decimal symbol to a point if you haven't already.
i already made that and it dosent works

nneko

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Are all of your samples .wav (16 bit, mono)?
(If you are using a premade ust) Are the voices that are silent able to work in a new project?
When you check the oto.ini (within UTAU), do the waveforms show up in the editor for the silent voices?

Some screenshots or videos might be able to help.

Bonnie

Momo's Minion
(If you are using a premade ust) Are the voices that are silent able to work in a new project?
When you check the oto.ini (within UTAU), do the waveforms show up in the editor for the silent voices?

1-Theyre .wav and i dont know what the other things mean
2-It simoply wont hear
3-What?
4-i dont know how to attach videos
Post automatically merged:

Some screenshots or videos might be able to he
It dosent have an oto.ini file btwimagen_2021-08-25_221551.png
Post automatically merged:

The only way to hear it is using moresampler, wich its a terrible option since it makes voices too high pitched

nneko

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
It dosent have an oto.ini file btw
Load your voice bank into UTAU and then go to Tools > Voice Bank Settings (or press ctrl + G).
It will open this window. Clicking Launch Editor will open the editor at the bottom, where you can see the waveforms.
The oto.ini file tells UTAU how you want the samples to be processed (in a way).
oto_editor.png
Offset (light blue/purple): Where you want the actual sample to start; use it to remove silence (and other unwanted sounds) at the beginning of the sample.
Consonant (pink): This area tells UTAU not to modify this parts of the sample; it's often used for consonants at the start of the sample.
Cutoff (also light blue/purple): Where you want the actual sample to end; use it to remove silence (and other unwanted sounds) at the end of the sample.
(Edit: The white area is what UTAU's resampler will stretch. It's often used for vowels.)

This part is a little confusing... there are people that can explain this better than I can.
Preutterance (red vertical line): Adjusts the timing of the sample (in the image, it's put where the consonant ends and vowel begins).
Overlap (green vertical line): Where the sample crossfades from the previous note (in the image, there is no overlap as it's right where the offset is).

I think that, because your voice bank doesn't have an oto.ini, UTAU is stretching the entire sample to the point that you can't hear it. Whatever silence is at the beginning of the sample will be stretched too, because there are no settings to tell UTAU what to do.

1-Theyre .wav and i dont know what the other things mean
Depending of what audio editor you are using, you have the option to export .wav as 16, 24, or 32 bit (or more). The current default resampler reads 16 bit .wav files.
(I think it has to do with quality, but I'm not an expert on this stuff.)
Mono is the opposite of Stereo. UTAU can read stereo samples, but you can have weird results (one of my old voice banks sounded like a dying cat because it had stereo samples instead of mono samples).
Stereo: 2 channels; Left and Right
Mono: 1 channel; Center

I hope all of this helps in some way.

Last edited:

calicious

Momo's Minion
does it have anything besides the letters next to it? (in vb settings) like - or anything cuz moresampler messed my vb up lol

Kawaiine Is Queen

Momo's Minion
Like nneko said, you should oto it, but another thing that I've heard (never experienced though so I can't guarantee) is that the files need to be at 44100 hz. Can I ask what youre using to clip the audio files?