I can't play UST

maisofia

Teto's Territory
Hello, I'm fairly new to UTAU and I downloaded a UST ( I believe it's CV type). The thing is I tried the trick w/ selecting notes, clearing the preutterance and overlap & STP, using various combinations of RESET, ACPT and P2P3. I wanted to use Crecia Selestewa so I clicked on Diphonizer to fit the UST but some of the notes don't play (they happen to be notes with Ws after the syllables. I'd like some tips on how to fix this issue.

Untitled.png

(this pic is before enabling Diphonizer)
197uZ5e

197uZ5e

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To clear out the previous suffixes, such as the Cs and Ws, go to Tools > Built in tools > SuffixBroker > Leave the boxes blank, click OK.
There's a box for removing prefixes, which you can check if you need to convert a UST from VCV back to CV.
Once you have a clean CV UST, you can try again with converting it to VCV.

Reactions: maisofia

maisofia

Teto's Territory
Thanks for your help! If it doesn't bother you or if someone else is willing to elaborate, I noticed some ''R G4''s or ''R D4''s or any letter and number combos like that (some shown in the pic). They tend to repeat the note before them (or that's what I hear). Do they have specific function or it's something I can just dismiss?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ending vowels or ending breaths are notated in a variety of ways:
[a -][i -][u -][e -][o -]
[a hh][i hh][u hh][e hh][o hh]
[a R][i R][u R][e R][o R]

If a voicebank includes these samples, they're a way of letting the vowel fade out more gracefully into silence instead of being abruptly cut off by an artificial volume change.

Samples with note names (such as E2, G3, F#4, D5) mean that the voicebank was recorded at multiple pitches, in order to sound more natural at different note ranges. Usually, a voicebank will come with a prefix map file so that these are automatically handled by UTAU without needing to manually type them into the lyrics. However, sometimes you might want to deliberately select a different pitch. For example, if the UST goes up to a high note and the voicebank normally starts singing in falsetto, you might use a lower-pitched suffix in order to use a more powerful-sounding tone. The pitches and suffixes you're able to use vary from voicebank to voicebank, so check the website or readme or look at the folders and oto files to see what options are available to you.

Reactions: maisofia