I may or may not need help with otoing

mado

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Here's my UTAU's voice in its current state. It's a CV bank.

I feel like there's something wrong with my UTAU's otoing, because there's a lot of hissing sounds and blended in syllables.

Could anyone tell me why I'm encountering these issues with her voice?

If it is due to otoing issues, I'd love to have help with reotoing her voice!

Also other questions: are there any ways I can make her voice 'cuter'? Currently I'm thinking about tweaking the gender flag on her voice to make it higher, but that's about it.

Fanicom

Grandma Hyena
Defender of Defoko
Ehhh before I start, yer r's are mispronounced kinda. And to make your voice sound cuter... try use a nasal voice and record it on a high note but not everyone will end up sounding cute by doing this-- anyway this one's already cute enough if it's for that magical girl design you made on the other post

Anyway yeah either the oto's weird, the consonants were too long or the UST wasn't properly configured yet, can't really tell from just listening to the sample

mado

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
@Fanicom mm, okay. I'm not so much of a fan of nasally voices LMAO so I might just fiddle around with the gender flags instead.

I think I had configured her voice to the UST, so I believe its more of an issue with her otoing if anything.

I'll see how everyone else replies to her voice sample before I make a decision on what to do next.

Fanicom

Grandma Hyena
Defender of Defoko
@Fanicom mm, okay. I'm not so much of a fan of nasally voices LMAO so I might just fiddle around with the gender flags instead.

I think I had configured her voice to the UST, so I believe its more of an issue with her otoing if anything.

I'll see how everyone else replies to her voice sample before I make a decision on what to do next.

There are oto tutorials out thar to touch, but here's a little doodle diagram attached. Seeing how the voice can slur nicely, your sample's probably OK with no cropped up edges and stuff.

image.jpeg

mado

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thank you!!

I'll probably use that diagram when I oto other banks for my UTAU, but for now I think I'll just make a thread and ask someone more experienced than me to re-oto my CV voicebank.