I need people who like Pokémon

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ok so this guy I'm subbed to on Youtube is going to do something new with Pokémon. It's called a Baton Pass challenge. Basically, it's a Pokémon game played by a lot of different people. Each person completes a gym and passes down the game to another, all down to the champion.

And now I was thinking: maybe we could do something like this on the Utaforum? We'll need to figure out what Pokémon game and such and we probably will be using a rom/emulator but yeah would anybody like to do this with me?

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'd offer to play along

but uh

You'd end up with a 30 minute video of slaughtering ratatas.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Well that's fine, who doesn't slaughter Rattatas?

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Cool. You guys have any preference for which game?

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
awesome guys, thanks!

as in games, I guess a GB(A) game would be the easiest because those files aren't really big...

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, so we'd have to record it? I'd like to be in, I'm just unsure with my wonky computer if it could handle VBA and Camtasia at the same time. It should I hope. But audio wouldn't be very good because I'm incapable of recording system audio and while the Yeti is a great vocals mic it doesn't make great recordings of computer audio. XD

But I'd like to be in regardless! Emerald sounds fun, I haven't played that in forever. I'd like to say no to FireRed/LeafGreen, I played those again recently enough that I'd feel a bit bored. but if it's the final decision then i'll deal

i'd say a rom hack but that'd be too complicated to pull off probably hah

I'd totally try and bring Cola in on this since she's crazy about Pokemon, but she's also crazy about legalities and technically ROMs are illegal. *pouts*

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sounds like a fun idea (once i finish this final). The most accessible games would be gen 1, gen 2, gen 3 (and possibly hacks thereof). Gen 4 and gen 5 require patching any roms gotten off the internet if playing a non-hack. 6 and 7 require access to 3ds hardware with CFW installed if sav swapping is going to happen. Gen 8... is out of the question. Everyone doesn't have a Switch, Nintendo online, Pokemon Home, or Pokemon Sword/Shield/LGP/LGE. Plus, the only way to swap out full teams would be for one person to have a team or box full of early route throwaways.

Gehenna

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'd totally be down for this idea aswell! I imagine we'd just be swapping rom saves though rather than a physical cartridge, right? :smile: