Ib

Jpegurl

Teto's Territory
dora_ib_title.jpg

"A young girl named Ib visits an art gallery with her parents.
While observing the many exhibits, she suddenly realizes she is alone.
And in her search for others, she finds things awry in the gallery..."

Download it here.

"Ib (pronounced "Eeb," similar to “Eve”) is a freeware horror adventure game by kouri made in RPG Maker 2000"

I'm really not one to play horror games, but I heard so many positive reviews and comments about how it 'isn't scary at all.'

I agree. It's comprised more of jump-scares than real horrific elements, except for the dolls (oh goodness, those dolls!)

Anyway, I really enjoyed playing it! :3 It's really fun~

If anyone wants me to expand on the plot, I shall do so gladly~ :smile:

Nao, conversation, START!

Also, a song was written about this game, using IA.
[Eng Sub] Ib [IA]

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Oh I love Ib! My ex-girlfriend got me into it and I also got my sister into it! I remember at first she was like, "Nope. No way. Not playing a game that was made in RPG Maker."
Then she got her computer taken away and was bored so I was like, "You can play on my computer if you play Ib~" and she agreed.
She fell in love with Garry but got the ending where Garry forgot Ib and she started crying(literally) xD

But I love:
【Ib】smooooch・∀・

Jpegurl

Teto's Territory
selcouthic link said:
Man, I love this game...
I got Memory's Crannies the first time.
Oh, and there's this song too.

【Ib】Heat-Haze Ib 【English Sub】

Oh yeah, I got that too. It made me kinda depressed for a little while. :C But it sure as heck beats some of the other endings!

That video was actually where I first heard about Ib. Small world, huh? Also, when I was playing it, I FREAKED THE HECK OUT when I saw the painting that would eat your rose because of that PV. xD

Lemondolly link said:
Oh I love Ib! My ex-girlfriend got me into it and I also got my sister into it! I remember at first she was like, \"Nope. No way. Not playing a game that was made in RPG Maker.\"
Then she got her computer taken away and was bored so I was like, \"You can play on my computer if you play Ib~\" and she agreed.
She fell in love with Garry but got the ending where Garry forgot Ib and she started crying(literally) xD

But I love:
【Ib】smooooch・∀・

The ending where Garry and Ib forget each other isn't that bad compared to The Forgotten Portrait. I always get hit in the feels when I see things related to it. ;-;

My sister is kinda interested in it. She wanted to know if she should try it, and I said no. xD She doesn't really like scary stuff.

Ohhh, I saw that the other day! :3 I love all the different versions there are of that video too. >w<

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I feel really bad in regards to Ib. Mainly because for a long time I was being hipster - well not necessarily. Really it was that I saw everyone in Vocaloid/UTAU was talking about it everywhere and I'm generally a person who really hates overpopular things (like when everyone covers one song to death) which is a horrible trait but it's there.

I finally watched it though (haven't played it) because I'm an avid PewDiePie fan and I'm going through Let's Plays I've missed.

gosh wow it was nothing like i thought it was at all. like my mental image was really off and i'm glad i watched it

But yeah, fudge I was freaking out really bad when Garry had to give Mary his rose then he "fell asleep" and fjdlkasjfklsanf I'm so glad PewDiePie didn't get the Forgotten Portrait ending because I would have cried so hard.

I really like all these RPG Maker games. Yume Nikki and it's fan games, Ao Oni, The Witch's House, Ib...their creepy atmospheres, limited casts, puzzles, everything is so interesting and I think a lot of modern games have forgotten these interesting bases to a good game.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
First I got the one where
Mary goes home with Ib, and eats Gary's candy. I liked that one the best, better than the true ending because of the wow factor.

Ib was great but I liked The Witch's House better.

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Well my endings so far are
Together Forever: The one where Mary becomes Ib's sister but um.... I ate my candy before Mary got to so xD
Memory's Crannies: And then I got the ending where they go through the painting and Gary forgets Ib ;_;

08keart

Teto's Territory
Lemondolly link said:
Well my endings so far are
Together Forever: The one where Mary becomes Ib's sister but um.... I ate my candy before Mary got to so xD
Memory's Crannies: And then I got the ending where they go through the painting and Gary forgets Ib ;_;

Awwww, I got forgotton portrait first, but got promise of reunion second time round~ I didn't cheat of course....pffffttt.......>3<

Jpegurl

Teto's Territory
08keart link said:
I love Ib~! I really hope there's a sequel coming soon!

A sequel would be nice. :3 I just don't think kouri would be able to pull of putting Ib and Garry back in the gallery. It'd probably do better with new characters.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ehhhh I don't think a sequel is needed at all whatsoever. It was a brilliant story, with interesting atmosphere and a contained cast. Sequels in general are not good, and really because once you know Ib you know what to expect (You don't first time watching/playing which is why it hits so hard), a sequel would really be...well, not as original. We already have our happy and sad endings, I'm content to leave the story as is.