Idea for a recovery Plugin?

Skuidd

Teto's Territory
Someone accidently closed their progress and I thought about how UTAU doesn't have a recovery option like,
in FL studio you can recover things when you close it and it'll have the same effect/settings you use I think it would be cool/good for UTAU users.

I can't code but I hope someone finds this and thinks it's a good idea. :0

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Recovery is part of the built-in functionality of software. I thought UTAU and UTAU-Synth already had this.

Skuidd

Teto's Territory
Recovery is part of the built-in functionality of software. I thought UTAU and UTAU-Synth already had this.

They don't actually, they have a "Recent" feature but it's not the same.
and its true it should be a built-in function, but I don't think a plugin could be a bad idea if the person creating it is experienced and knows their way around UTAU's features.
(i hope this made sense)

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Utau already has a recovery function built-in. If the program gets killed abnormally, backup data is kept and the program will ask you if you'd like to restore it upon opening. It doesn't have an always-ready "revover last session" function though, if that's what you're talking about. Your plugin could tack this on just by copying the last temporary file Utau makes and keeping it somewhere else.

Skuidd

Teto's Territory
Utau already has a recovery function built-in. If the program gets killed abnormally, backup data is kept and the program will ask you if you'd like to restore it upon opening. It doesn't have an always-ready "recover last session" function though if that's what you're talking about. Your plugin could tack this on just by copying the last temporary file Utau makes and keeping it somewhere else.

That's never really popped up for me, to be honest, so I never knew about that, and I don't think UTAU knows when something was accidently closed or closed at all without saving(if you get what I'm saying) so that's why I'm talking about a Plugin Idea.
cause with FL Studio I can close the program without saving and I can open it up again and have all the edits and effects like they were.