Improving speech clarity on Teto English?

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
(Links are green, italic and underscored.)

Okay so if you take one look at my twitter and who is following me, I'm working on recreating a scene for the Toy Story 2 Redialed project, of which I haven't seen anyone else use UTAU and MMD. As such, I have a reason to believe that I'm the sole rep of the entirety of UTAU and MMD, large task for someone who barely knows of either.

Right now, I've gotten the project to its minimum personally acceptable completion, lipsynced and everything. We'll ignore the animation part, it's the one I know the most about, and mostly focus on the UTAU part because this is my main weak point.

This link brings you to a MEGA folder I've set up, so you can take a look at the UST files themselves. And the .wav files.
It's a simple base Teto English voicebank with Moresampler. One feedback I've gotten is simply the fact that it's unclear. However, in order to keep the same timing (And the fact that I have to re-do some of the lipsyncing), I am unable to have her speak particurarily slower, so the main option remains to have her speak clearer.

What's being said is:
(badly made straining noises)
Just like you said, goat man
In the shadows to the left
Okay
Let's move!

In comparison, this is the original scene, uploaded by the organizer.

If I can have her speak more clearly, we might not need subtitles.

Finally, if you're worried about the MMD part and crediting, I've given the organizer all the credits for everything used, so any failure in crediting is now on him. The rules have also been followed in terms of editing the models.

Yours truly, NordGeit.

szumek

Momo's Minion
The first part is preatty celer at least imo, the only thing is that "oU tS" makes it sound weird cous tS stands for ch, so it would be better to use [oU t-]
In the second part it would be better to use [- i] [i n] insted of i n alone, also in "shadows" teto pronounce vovel "{" weird so i would use A insted [SA] [A d], and useing the ending saple [oU z-] insted of [oU z] would make her sound a bit more clear

I hope it helped at least a litle

Reactions: NordGeit

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The first part is preatty celer at least imo, the only thing is that "oU tS" makes it sound weird cous tS stands for ch, so it would be better to use [oU t-]
In the second part it would be better to use [- i] [i n] insted of i n alone, also in "shadows" teto pronounce vovel "{" weird so i would use A insted [SA] [A d], and useing the ending saple [oU z-] insted of [oU z] would make her sound a bit more clear

I hope it helped at least a litle
thank
It's up to the organizer whether he wants to use the original or the adjusted one

DannyDA

Teto's Territory
(Links are green, italic and underscored.)

Okay so if you take one look at my twitter and who is following me, I'm working on recreating a scene for the Toy Story 2 Redialed project, of which I haven't seen anyone else use UTAU and MMD. As such, I have a reason to believe that I'm the sole rep of the entirety of UTAU and MMD, large task for someone who barely knows of either.

Right now, I've gotten the project to its minimum personally acceptable completion, lipsynced and everything. We'll ignore the animation part, it's the one I know the most about, and mostly focus on the UTAU part because this is my main weak point.

This link brings you to a MEGA folder I've set up, so you can take a look at the UST files themselves. And the .wav files.
It's a simple base Teto English voicebank with Moresampler. One feedback I've gotten is simply the fact that it's unclear. However, in order to keep the same timing (And the fact that I have to re-do some of the lipsyncing), I am unable to have her speak particurarily slower, so the main option remains to have her speak clearer.

What's being said is:
(badly made straining noises)
Just like you said, goat man
In the shadows to the left
Okay
Let's move!

In comparison, this is the original scene, uploaded by the organizer.

If I can have her speak more clearly, we might not need subtitles.

Finally, if you're worried about the MMD part and crediting, I've given the organizer all the credits for everything used, so any failure in crediting is now on him. The rules have also been followed in terms of editing the models.

Yours truly, NordGeit.

I tried to do some tweaks to the ust, and so far I got these suggestions:
- the word goat [- goU] [oU tS-] should be changed into [- goU] [oU t] just like @szumek said earlier. Plus, the length of the phoneme should be adjusted to [- goU] (in the length of 120) and [oU t] (in the length of 180). You can adjust them by clicking on the note property and type in the length in the 'length' box. It'll be clearer.
- phonemes [D@] [@ S] should be changed to [- DV] [V S]. It's much clearer imo.
- the phonemes 'shadow' should be changed to [SA] [{ d] [doU] [oU s-]. I think it more understandable than before.

That's all I got for you. Hope this helps! Btw she did sound clear imo, good job on that!

Reactions: NordGeit

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I tried to do some tweaks to the ust, and so far I got these suggestions:
- the word goat [- goU] [oU tS-] should be changed into [- goU] [oU t] just like @szumek said earlier. Plus, the length of the phoneme should be adjusted to [- goU] (in the length of 120) and [oU t] (in the length of 180). You can adjust them by clicking on the note property and type in the length in the 'length' box. It'll be clearer.
- phonemes [D@] [@ S] should be changed to [- DV] [V S]. It's much clearer imo.
- the phonemes 'shadow' should be changed to [SA] [{ d] [doU] [oU s-]. I think it more understandable than before.

That's all I got for you. Hope this helps! Btw she did sound clear imo, good job on that!
Adjusted the word goat
The T hits hard now
D@ stays the same. I don't like the sound of DV

Mixing [SA] and [{ d] sounds not very good. A more experienced tuner could maybe iron out the happening when these two vowels mix, but not me.

Pretty helpful, this vocaroo link shows the adjustments done after your advice came in

Just for posterity sake or something, here is the one after szumeks advice:

I'll think I'll leave it as-is for the time being. I mostly feel tired with this project.