In which Kenji chronicles his cover of "magenta"

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So this is my journal containing all the shenanigans behind recording, mixing, and mastering a cover of a song sung by yours truly.  All of the horrible horrible fails.
I might have to make a dwarf account on soundcloud, lol

Anyways, getting started...
Today I wound up dedicating myself to covering the song "magenta". After practicing on the original pitch a little bit, I found it was either too high on my higher voice or too low on my low voice, and round up pitching it up two semitones (or one tone).  This wound up ruining the quality of the instrumental but I pushed on.
I wound up recording rough drafts for the melodies of... every single part!  I recorded each separate part into a different file, so I can just redo the parts I'm not proud of.
Also wound up doing noise cancellation in Edison, Image-Line's sound recorder+editor.  Noise removal works wonders in it. *w*
Preview of what I had to this point~ 
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/nostraightanswer/magenta-feat-kenji-b-short-wip[/soundcloud]
I had a short chat with Neutrino-P after uploading this, and he/she/it (? 8D) pitched it up again, keeping the original sound quality. owo;  Gonna try messing with it today.