Incoming VOCALOID4 Haiyi !

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
(So as usual, I've yet again made a thread so people can access to latest infos directly on here as soon as it arrives ~ )
latest

Hǎiyī (海伊)

She is Xingchen's younger sister and is currently being developped by Beijing Photek. Her main colour scheme and theme remain ocean-centered. Atm her only demo is a song originally made with Xingchen, as a meaan of comparison between the two characters and vocals. And guess what's the most exciting part ? She has FOUR VBs planned for XSY purposes !
Haiyi's got a Normal VB, the core bank. Her package will also feature a Power (more solid tone), a Dark (softer) and finally a bank called Aroma (seems like a sweet-type voicebank but it's hard to tell right now as the only moment we can hear it seems to be during a short XSY demo with the Dark append)moment .

As usual what are your thoughts ?

(On my side I LOVE the fact we have another ocean/sea-themed Vocaloid~ <3 And her voicebanks are really impressive, adding the fact I like her voicetype (perhaps reminescent of higher-pitched Chinese vocals like Luo, with a thng that also gives me Lapis' cute vibes-style ~ And I think she may turn as another huge fave Chinese vocaloid of mine, right behind YANHE and Longya+Tianyi ex-aequo. Also, as she hasn't any official English name like her sister, some speculate. On my side, I4d see well a Sea Lady, a Mermaid or even an Oceania/Thalassa if she was ever receiving one.

I also highly predict at this point we may see an underworld/earth-centered third Vocaloid (as her company stated they were wondering about how five characters would be easy to manage, leading to more VBs possibilites besides Xingchen and Haiyi) seeing how things go. )

Edit: Actually, it turns out Haiyi won't be a Vocaloid but developed on an unnamed synth !
Re-Edit: Finally she'll be a private bank

Last edited:
Reactions: Arissa

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
She sounds like a good UTAU. Nothing really more. If you've heard those covers people have made with Xia Yu Yao, she kinda has the same twang in her voice. I don't know if I like her just yet, I'll have to hear more of her in the future.

Reactions: WyndReed

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
She sounds interesting, but it's hard to hear her clearly in that demo. Hopefully they release samples of just her vbs soon.

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think she's really cute so far but she doesn't look like Xingchen's sister at all lol

Can't wait to see a solo demo~

Reactions: MillyAqualine

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Some news appeared about Haiyi (however I couldn't edit the title nor the tags so if a mod can replace "Vocaloid" by "Synthloid" or something in these lines please, it'd be wonderful and I'd be grateful ! ~ <3 )

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I am sad too. I actually like her voice. I don't think it sounds like Xia Yu Yao, or any other UTAU's at all. i guess its bc its chinese so maybe people are biased. She does sound autotune-y at times in the demo but if you told me it was a UTAU i wouldn't have believed it tbh
I'm disappointed that she won't even b on vocaloid engine, she had so much potential although the design isn't that memorable,eye catching or unique imo.
There was a similar situation on twitter of a developing english/japanese vocaloid but too many people called it a fake bc it sounded like a metallic in the demo(it was really just the amount of autotune and filters in the mixing tbh) and her development was decided to be stopped for the time being last time i checked, sighh

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Her design and voice are so cute ahhhhhh >w< She's adorable
<3
[doublepost=1520987402][/doublepost]
I am sad too. I actually like her voice. I don't think it sounds like Xia Yu Yao at all. i guess its bc its chinese so maybe people are biased.
sad that she won't even b on vocaloid engine, she had so much potential although the design isn't that memorable or eye catching tbh. There was a similar situation on twitter of a developing english/japanese vocaloid but too many people called it a fake bc it sounded like a metallic in the demo(it was really just the amount of autotune and filters in the mixing tbh) and her development was decided to be stopped for the time being last time i checked, sighh
I agree in that she doesn't really sound like Xia Yu Yao. (I feel it's just the fact that they sing in Chinese)

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Her design and voice are so cute ahhhhhh >w< She's adorable
<3
[doublepost=1520987402][/doublepost]
I agree in that she doesn't really sound like Xia Yu Yao. (I feel it's just the fact that they sing in Chinese)
Yeah i know right?!?!?! like no offense to the people who said that they think it sounds like Xia Yu Yao, but i personally think its an insult to the vocaloid to say that she sounds like Xia Yu Yao. Xia Yu Yao, if i remember correctly is a CVVC voicebank that actually had some OTO issues. Haiyi's pitch bends sound kind of like pitch snap at some times but its really light and i think it could just be the mixing too. I've heard a lot of Xia Yu Yao covers and in my opinion Xia Yu Yao is less expressive n stuff even if she's tuned decently because her voice is like so much more grainy and metallic and also deeper. I mean if people at least compared her to Luo Tianyi then i'd understand bc vocaloids tend to sound similar ....
one thing thoughts that i prefer some of Xia Yu Yao's designs more tho
whoops that turned into a rant
i hope i don't get attacked for my opinion or anything :O

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, edited the first post (however I had to also edit the other synth part as people were still debating... I may change it if needed)

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeah i know right?!?!?! like no offense to the people who said that they think it sounds like Xia Yu Yao, but i personally think its an insult to the vocaloid to say that she sounds like Xia Yu Yao. Xia Yu Yao, if i remember correctly is a CVVC voicebank that actually had some OTO issues. Haiyi's pitch bends sound kind of like pitch snap at some times but its really light and i think it could just be the mixing too. I've heard a lot of Xia Yu Yao covers and in my opinion Xia Yu Yao is less expressive n stuff even if she's tuned decently because her voice is like so much more grainy and metallic and also deeper. I mean if people at least compared her to Luo Tianyi then i'd understand bc vocaloids tend to sound similar ....
one thing thoughts that i prefer some of Xia Yu Yao's designs more tho
whoops that turned into a rant
i hope i don't get attacked for my opinion or anything :O
Her oto issues were fixed and the configurations redistributed