Installing UTAU on Windows 10?

Officer Diana

Teto's Territory
I don't own this issue but my friend does, he wanted to install UTAU and he's using Windows 10. He tried installing UTAU with Windows 8's method however, there are lot of issues came up. I wanted to help him but I can't because I'm a Windows 7 user. Any solutions to this?

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Utau is completely compatible with windows 8 and 10. Just make sure the locale is set properly.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm a Windows 10 user and I can confirm that it works much the same as it did in 7 (and 8).
First thing's first: DO NOT - I repeat - DO NOT try to install using outdated methods like Applocale if you are already using 8, 8.1, or 10. Applocale actually treats your machine as if it never changed locale at all. On top of that, you won't find it anymore on Miscosoft's site and it's not worth searching for in this day and age.

Before installing UTAU, make sure you have Japanese Locale set (and I would advise having all programs that you plan to use in the long run installed first to avoid any language confusion during installation - most installer programs will default to Japanese). If your friend isn't American or is using a European language, make sure they have Format set where the Decimal is a period instead of a comma. If they install in the default Programs (x86) folder, they'll need to adjust their security for the UTAU folder so that Users have Full Control (otherwise, they'll need to open UTAU as admin to save oto settings, etc. if they save voicebanks to UTAU/voice)

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
oEamC1Y.png

ehem....

Reactions: 수연 <Suyeon>

Officer Diana

Teto's Territory
Oh, so that was the problem. I didn't check the additional settings yet.
[doublepost=1449639967][/doublepost]
I'm a Windows 10 user and I can confirm that it works much the same as it did in 7 (and 8).
First thing's first: DO NOT - I repeat - DO NOT try to install using outdated methods like Applocale if you are already using 8, 8.1, or 10. Applocale actually treats your machine as if it never changed locale at all. On top of that, you won't find it anymore on Miscosoft's site and it's not worth searching for in this day and age.

Before installing UTAU, make sure you have Japanese Locale set (and I would advise having all programs that you plan to use in the long run installed first to avoid any language confusion during installation - most installer programs will default to Japanese). If your friend isn't American or is using a European language, make sure they have Format set where the Decimal is a period instead of a comma. If they install in the default Programs (x86) folder, they'll need to adjust their security for the UTAU folder so that Users have Full Control (otherwise, they'll need to open UTAU as admin to save oto settings, etc. if they save voicebanks to UTAU/voice)
Thank you, I thought using Applocale for UTAU on Windows 10 would help. All of them are very helpful, I told him to check the locale and he didn't changed the additional settings, he also accidentally installed UTAU on Programs files.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The name of the programs folder depends on whether he's running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows. If Programs is all he has, then he's using 32-bit Windows. Programs (x86) is the 32-bit programs folder for 64-bit Windows. He should be fine either way. Just make sure he changes folder settings once installed.

-Right click UTAU folder
- Go to the Security Tab
- You'll see a list including CREATOR OWNER, System, etc. etc.
- Click on Users (Computer Name\Users)
- Press the Edit button and check Full Control, Apply, Okay. When asked to apply changes to all folders, click yes.

Reactions: Officer Diana

Choko

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I had some problems with installing the UTAU in Windows 10 but I solved it by installing in Japanese settings and then installing the Japanese language packs (because, the letters were all in gibberish signs) and it worked. ^^ I even helped someone even tho I didn't remember how I did it anymore. XD

Reactions: Officer Diana