Is anybody here good at Lipsync?

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So. I'm sure you are aware of the Secret Santa happening right now. So, the deadline is this week and next week but I'm having trouble with the "art" part of my video. I've already made a model for the program Lipsync and I'm trying to get it to work... When I try to load a ust, it shows and error and I'm not able to use it. I don't want to do everything manually because I'm scared it might take to long. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Also, I'm trying to make the video fit  so there aren't any black lines/rectangles on youtube. Does anyone know a good dimension size so there wont be black lines/rectangles?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For LipSync, even though it says it's UST compatable it isn't. Export your UST as a VSQ (I recommend hiragana CV just in case) and then open it in LipSync.

With YouTube, if you're going for filling the video box, you want widescreen. Thaaaat's 1280x720 if I'm remembering correctly. someone please correct me if i'm wrong

It's been a while since I've touched LipSync but hopefully I can help with most of everything.

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
*O* Thanks. Uh...Not to be a bother..but how can I take miku out of the picture and my own model?

Ffff well I'm stuck using WMM to make the video because my Sony Vegas Trials expired >o<. I know for a fact that if you draw that big, it works. The thing is....I need to make the video that big on Lipsync but the whole thing wont fit. Is there another way to do this?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
i'm a bit confused as to what your problem is

First off, what WMM are you using? The old XP one or Windows Live one? The latter is a billion times better. But as a point real fast, WMM is practically useless with LipSync. LipSync's background is not transparent, it is a color or a background image you put in. The only way you can put in a video or not a stagnant image in behind the model is by red/green/blue-screening it in, which requires Sony Vegas. If you're going that path I'd ring up some friends.

Okay, now onto LipSync.

You don't really get rid of Miku. Here's how you should be running LipSync. This is under the impression that you've already configured your model.

Open LipSync. Everything should be blank essentially. Right click "VSQ Track" and select Read From VSQ File. Find your VSQ. Now, right click the track full of syllables and click Generate LipSync From This Track. BE CAREFUL - At this next part if you leave the LipSync window it tends to freeze, on me at least. Go down and click Custom, OK, and on the next pop up hit Open, find your model, OK. From there you can right click the model's line and Generate Wink and hit OK (The default settings are great). Now, you won't see your model until you click the BASE line. After that, alter your Scale (0.5 is half the size, etc) on the side, placement on the board, etc.

With Video dimensions go to Edit > Video Size and enter them.

If you're planning on green/blue/red-screening go to Edit > Background Color and choose it. Make sure to choose the color that's least on the model.

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
XD I kinda had two problems but I'm sure the other problem is solved.

I have the Windows Live one. But, my video's background is going to be white anyways and my model includes already includes different details(by that I mean any details that fit the song). So I thought that If I change the video size in Lipsync, I'm already set to go in WMM.

The Lipsync problem is solved, thank you~ I'm only probably going to use lipsync once so I didn't really go in-depth with learning how it works. So, this is a huge help to me! It's just her mouth seems a bit weird so right now I'm redrawing her mouth.