Is it possible to add new syllables to the voicebank?

yuzu

Momo's Minion
Hi! I've seen a lot of people introducing their voicebanks, and I've noticed that some of them are mastered for English users and singing.
I have an idea of creating an UTAU for slavic language, Russian to be specific. The thing is, this language has a lot of syllables and sounds that aren't pre-added in the UTAU software and just making a voicebank with a strong accent is a weird idea. So yeah, here's my question: is it possible to somehow add and edit new syllables presets in the voicebank? If it is, how can I do this?
Bonus points if presets will recognize cyrillic alphabet, but I doubt that it's something I can do myself, so any help will be useful. Thanks in the advance!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
UTAU is a non-unicode program and only recognizes characters within the Shift-JIS character set. Generally, this means ASCII + Japanese characters, but you may want to look up the specifics.

UTAU does not have any "pre-added syllables". Everything is entirely user-determined. If you are creating your own voicebank from scratch, you can search for existing Russian voicebanks and Russian reclists (recording lists) for reference. (However, if you're making a voicebank for the very first time, I highly recommend starting with a CV Japanese voicebank just to understand the process of recording and configuring samples for UTAU.)

If you want to make an existing voicebank sing in Russian, you have a couple options. You could contact the creator of that voicebank and ask them to record a new voicebank for Russian. If that doesn't work out, you'll have to use whatever syllables are available in the existing voicebank to approximate the sounds.