is there a working link to an English cvvc reclist, or to one at all?

cloudyyskie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hii, so after experimenting with jp cv/cvc voicebank making, I wanted to try my hand at an English voicebank. However, I really can't seem to find a download link to a reclist that works to save my life. Does anyone have one-?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There are a few reclists in common use. The most popular one would be PaintedCZ's VCCV English reclist. Here's an entire playlist of video tutorials for the reclist. Be sure to check the video descriptions for downloads and other important links.

Another popular method is ARPAsing. This is a bit more flexible, as it doesn't require you to use any one specific reclist. There's also an ARPAsing phonemizer for OpenUtau, which means that you can use your finished voicebank just by typing in regular English words into the lyrics. Guides and downloads are available on the website here.

If you're a fan of tools like presamp and mkototemp, the same developer also released a set of English reclists. Here's a translation of the Delta English reclist release page. There's 8 reclists in the set, ranging from complex and detailed to short and efficient.

Thehyami

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hii, so after experimenting with jp cv/cvc voicebank making, I wanted to try my hand at an English voicebank. However, I really can't seem to find a download link to a reclist that works to save my life. Does anyone have one-?

I made my own English CV reclist, you can see an example of the result in this forum here: You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift
This reclist is based on the IPA, written with X-SAMPA. You can use this website to translate English to IPA.

Currently I merged some phonemes into one, and it doesn't have diphthongs, and it doesn't have consonant clusters either. So less recording, but sounds less natural and you need to work more in creating the UST. But if you are still interested, I can expand the reclist to CVVC and add the rest of the phonemes. I'm not sure how to add consonant clusters and the diphthongs though.

(✿◠‿◠)

Last edited:

cloudyyskie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I made my own English CV reclist, you can see an example of the result in this forum here: You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift
This reclist is based on the IPA, written with X-SAMPA. You can use this website to translate English to IPA.

Currently I merged some phonemes into one, and it doesn't have diphthongs, and it doesn't have consonant clusters either. So less recording, but sounds less natural and you need to work more in creating the UST. But if you are still interested, I can expand the reclist to CVVC and add the rest of the phonemes. I'm not sure how to add consonant clusters and the diphthongs though.

(✿◠‿◠)
thank you!
Post automatically merged:

There are a few reclists in common use. The most popular one would be PaintedCZ's VCCV English reclist. Here's an entire playlist of video tutorials for the reclist. Be sure to check the video descriptions for downloads and other important links.

Another popular method is ARPAsing. This is a bit more flexible, as it doesn't require you to use any one specific reclist. There's also an ARPAsing phonemizer for OpenUtau, which means that you can use your finished voicebank just by typing in regular English words into the lyrics. Guides and downloads are available on the website here.

If you're a fan of tools like presamp and mkototemp, the same developer also released a set of English reclists. Here's a translation of the Delta English reclist release page. There's 8 reclists in the set, ranging from complex and detailed to short and efficient.

right. i wasn't sure about those first two methods, so thank you for that! i was looking at the last option, but the dl for the delta reclist went down in october i believe, unless i'm just doing it wrong.

Thehyami

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
thank you!
Post automatically merged:

right. i wasn't sure about those first two methods, so thank you for that! i was looking at the last option, but the dl for the delta reclist went down in october i believe, unless i'm just doing it wrong.

You're welcome! I didn't know about the Delta reclist, so I just downloaded one of the reclists and realized my CV reclist is basically, literally, just the Delta reclist number 7 but without the consonant clusters. It looks exactly the same! They used IPA with X-SAMPA too. So yes you should go with Delta reclist! . I think they're great! You can do the other one too if you want to. (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

Last edited:
Reactions: cloudyyskie

Viran

ヴィラン
Defender of Defoko
the dl for the delta reclist went down in october i believe, unless i'm just doing it wrong.
niconico discontinued their "blomaga" feature recently
try this wayback machine link
it is for viewing the archived page, when downloading copy paste the download url (mediafire in this case) onto your browser tab and it should be working fine

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The translation includes the links to the mediafire downloads. Click on the "Number #" headers.

cloudyyskie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
The translation includes the links to the mediafire downloads. Click on the "Number #" headers.
hm..I did that and it didn't prompt for me to click it for whatever reason. Maybe I did it wrong, but I got it from Viran's link so it's ok!