is this voice the same as vy2?

Matsukai

Momo's Minion
Found this yesterday. 【M2 VB1 Nova】WAVEFILE【UTAUカバー】

At first i thought it was KAITO but, after hearing other covers with his voice im almost sure is vy2. Im not quite sure so i want you guys your opinion. This utau is for download, i dont own vy2 but a friend of mine owns it and he made a comparision, the samples sound very similar. Also when hearing the .wav samples in media player they sound kinda robotic, synthesized.

What do you think? Im I wrong.? Also this guy claims to have a "company" behind this UTAUloid.

Borginia

Teto's Territory
Matsukai link said:
Found this yesterday. 【M2 VB1 Nova】WAVEFILE【UTAUカバー】

At first i thought it was KAITO but, after hearing other covers with his voice im almost sure is vy2. Im not quite sure so i want you guys your opinion. This utau is for download, i dont own vy2 but a friend of mine owns it and he made a comparision, the samples sound very similar. Also when hearing the .wav samples in media player they sound kinda robotic, synthesized.

What do you think? Im I wrong.? Also this guy claims to have a \"company\" behind this UTAUloid.
well after downloading him i noticed the white noise in the background.
also the voice is a bit auto-tuned and i hear a slight voice effect ( like in a flanger/chorus vst?)
their voices sound similar, but i think it isn't a stolen voice from vocaloid.
and VY2 sounds more mature and deeper.
just think about mako. her voice sounds actually for me kinda like mikus voice, just more "nasally" lol

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Just by listening to the UTAU and then VY2's WAVEFILE I can notice similarities between notes. Pay close attention to long notes, they sound identical. Then again, I didn't download the UTAU so I can't compare the samples. If he did really copy VY2, then he's a real jerk, since he explicitly stated that he voiced the UTAU.

Borginia

Teto's Territory
This voice doesn't sound like Vy2 at all if you use Resampler.
The type of sampler that was used in the demo videos is bkh01.
its really well known to make the voice very soft and deep, but it changes the voice really much from the original sample.
and  i know why they use bhk01..
because in other samplers the background noise is very loud.
it creates an friggin static in resampler.
and in bhk01 he sounds soft and good, without any static.
in fresamp he sounds like he is singing near the sea.
tips don't works for me very well.
maybe i upload soon a voice sample with different samplers.

UkimeKageku

Teto's Territory
VY2 sounds deeper to me too. I doubt it's VY2's voice, if the samples aren't very quality.. Of course unless it was done deliberately as a cover up. And it isn't impossible for someones voice to sound similar to a well-known voice. ^^;

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
Yeah, they are pretty similar, but if you listen to the individual samples, there's static at the beginnings. I've heard complaints of static about VY2 before, but only at the end of notes, and besides, a Vocaloid rendering wouldn't produce that.

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
After comparing this video with
youtube.com/watch?v=BfDCvz5N6CI
I hardly believe that it is Yuma's voice.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I thought I commented on this.... but it seems I forgot to post my reply back then

FIRST
I downloaded the bank, the bank is loaded with white noise. I have encountered 2 cases of VOCALOID exported UTAU banks in the past: One was a SeeU version for UTAU from a mexican user that I still have as evidence and the girl did take her down by herself when I told her that it was wrong.
The second was Ariel Mermoik, UTAULOID from a Spaniard user that had the voice extracted from GUMI ACT2. The user took down the bank after harassment started here.

While I do appreciate the fact UTAU users like to keep voicebanks in the legal edge, I do not like the fact of harasment with only "I think it sounds like...". The voicebank samples are clearly recorded by the user due the big ammount of white noise in them. VOCALOID extracted samples have no noise at all due the method of recording the vocals.

The fact of having a similar voice-type/accent does not make it guilty of what is charged.

So please.... all those who left bad comments about NOVA voicer... STOP. Apologyze with the guy for the inconvenient.

NOVA will not go the the blacklist of the Wiki. There's no crime here. PERIOD.

Matsukai

Momo's Minion
Yue Nagareboshi link said:
I thought I commented on this.... but it seems I forgot to post my reply back then

FIRST
I downloaded the bank, the bank is loaded with white noise. I have encountered 2 cases of VOCALOID exported UTAU banks in the past: One was a SeeU version for UTAU from a mexican user that I still have as evidence and the girl did take her down by herself when I told her that it was wrong.
The second was Ariel Mermoik, UTAULOID from a Spaniard user that had the voice extracted from GUMI ACT2. The user took down the bank after harassment started here.

While I do appreciate the fact UTAU users like to keep voicebanks in the legal edge, I do not like the fact of harasment with only \"I think it sounds like...\". The voicebank samples are clearly recorded by the user due the big ammount of white noise in them. VOCALOID extracted samples have no noise at all due the method of recording the vocals.

The fact of having a similar voice-type/accent does not make it guilty of what is charged.

So please.... all those who left bad comments about NOVA voicer... STOP. Apologyze with the guy for the inconvenient.

Thats the reason i asked other users opinion first before telling him anything. The rumor spreaded out and many users told nova's creator to take it down and stuff.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Matsukai link said:
[quote author=Yue Nagareboshi link=topic=3548.msg25790#msg25790 date=1348284708]

FIRST

While I do appreciate the fact UTAU users like to keep voicebanks in the legal edge, I do not like the fact of harasment with only \"I think it sounds like...\". The voicebank samples are clearly recorded by the user due the big ammount of white noise in them. VOCALOID extracted samples have no noise at all due the method of recording the vocals.

Thats the reason i asked other users opinion first before telling him anything. The rumor spreaded out and many users told nova's creator to take it down and stuff.
[/quote]

Yeah, the thread started "well" but as I saw on the video that was linked, many people acussed right away that he was stealing VY2 voice, some without even considering the "similar voice-type" possibility.

I read your thread right away and I did DL nova to check if this was truth... but from experience from other people's stealing banks... this was far from being one of these cases. I actually wrote a comment that the bank was ok and I didn't see any problem. But it seems I closed the tab by error and didnt post it on the first time (this happens to me when I am dealing with many stuff IRL so I'm sorry).

The thing went so out of control that 3rd people contacted directly about this issue about Nova's voicer being harassed AND already accused of doing an illegal bank. So my reason of being more drastic on my comment was because I felt the real reason of this thread (to actually analyze the evidence and not make this one person thing) became totally lost.

I do appreciate your help on this matter Matsukai; and I think you were also on the thread about Ariel Mermoik, which let me know about this before Adan took the bank down. And as that time and also on the other "mexican case", I do ask people who find illegal banks to act in the most mature way on this matter, and don't make a campaign of hate.

Again, sorry for my harshness on my last post.

Hope we can all continue with our activities.

D

dCatharsis

I was talking about this voicebank with a group of users and yeah, we noticed the white noise so we didn't say anything about it.
I don't he sounds THAT similar to VY2 anyways...