Is using gender flags bad?

ColorBeast

Momo's Minion
Okay, okay, I don't mean bad, but now I just forgot the word for it.. I mean that if I use an UTAU with gender flags all the time and never use the original voice. Is it cheating or something? I just really don't like the original voice. Or should I try voice acting?

MeishiiUTAU

Teto's Territory
Okay, okay, I don't mean bad, but now I just forgot the word for it.. I mean that if I use an UTAU with gender flags all the time and never use the original voice. Is it cheating or something? I just really don't like the original voice. Or should I try voice acting?
It's infact not "bad" to do so, but you could try to voiceact for a new voicebank if you dislike the original too much.

I use the g Flag myself alot as well. It gives a nice effect to the more creepier songs :creepy:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There's nothing wrong with using flags, they exist for a reason after all :P

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
There's no way using g flags could constitute as cheating ;^^ After all, they come with the program

If you can't stand the original voice then you could try re-recording(and voice act if you want). You could also just stick with what you've been doing with g flags since no one really looks down on that type of thing

ColorBeast

Momo's Minion
Oh then I'm happy, because the original voice sounds like a chainsaw... but not. I can't write it down how weird it is. But I think it's my voice's fault though, still I'll try voice acting too because I'm curious :smile:

Last edited: