It seems that Macs and UTAU don't mix

xxlovelovelovexx

Momo's Minion
I do understand that I don't know much about UTAU, and that there is UTAU-Synth, but it is so annoying to work on a Mac /: I don't know how anyone else feels, but I thought I might express my opinion :P

lilycat130

Momo's Minion
UTAU-Synth is very tricky at first, but with some practice it gets easier. I've been using it since it came out and have improved a lot since I first started using it. It just takes practice.

I do understand how annoying it can be. Some things aren't as compatible as you want them to be. I think that there still isn't even a way to make USTs from UTAU-Synth compatible with the original version of UTAU for PC. That annoys me! UTAU-Synth users can read Normal USTs, but the PC users can't read ours! I hope this can be fixed, but last time I checked it still hasn't been fixed.

Not to mention that the program crashes all the time! You have to save anything you're working on every 5 seconds! Of course that's an exaggeration, but you get my point. :smile:

Overall, I'm still really happy with UTAU-Synth because all I have is a Mac and if it wasn't for UTAU-Synth, I wouldn't be able to use UTAU at all! :O Such unspeakable nightmares!

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
lilycat130 link said:
Not to mention that the program crashes all the time! You have to save anything you're working on every 5 seconds! Of course that's an exaggeration, but you get my point. :smile:

you mac UTAU users should get one or two of those bobber-bird things so that it can click Ctrl-S for you

Heck, I should just do that anyways

It might make playing games awkward though ;o;

Pianodream

Teto's Territory
I don't know if this is the right topic but, oh well.

I've been wanting to convert Ciel's male VB to be used on MACs recently, how can I do that? >_o

lilycat130

Momo's Minion
Voicebanks on PC work fine on Macs for me. I would put the .utau extension at the end of the VB file. That should be all that you really need to do.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Zelfie Windwalker link said:
Sorry to ask here, but what's the .utau extension?
For some reason in UTAU Synth, voicebanks made/configured on PCs can't be loaded into the program (or even slightly UTAU usable) unless it has the .utau extension. It just tells the Mac that this voicebank is supposed to be for the UTAU application.

Hika421

Teto's Territory
stormylullaby link said:
[quote author=Zelfie Windwalker link=topic=1482.msg11480#msg11480 date=1334853902]
Sorry to ask here, but what's the .utau extension?
For some reason in UTAU Synth, voicebanks made/configured on PCs can't be loaded into the program (or even slightly UTAU usable) unless it has the .utau extension. It just tells the Mac that this voicebank is supposed to be for the UTAU application.
[/quote]
Well, my UTAU Synth takes PC made voice banks in folders fine.... XD;;
.UTAU-ing things just makes it easier as you can double click the VB, and boom.

RadiateJoy

Momo's Minion
Pianodream link said:
I don't know if this is the right topic but, oh well.

I've been wanting to convert Ciel's male VB to be used on MACs recently, how can I do that? >_o

All you do is ad " .utauvoice " at the end of the file name.

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Regarding using a voice bank made in UTAU in UTAU-Synth...

It does strange things to the configurations, from what I experienced. I really don't know how to configure a bank on UTAU-Synth (all I ever do on it is test certain things because my Mac is faster than my netbook), but I know how I configured the VB I used, and the envelopes were all uniform and off. e.g. I configure my hard consonants with zero or negative overlap, and they sound really clear, but when I used the VB in UTAU-Synth, everything from hard consonants to vowel transitions appeared to have the same envelope and the consonants were all muffled and slurry as if configured incorrectly...

And yeah, there's also, Wine or using a Windows Virtual Machine and downloading UTAU for that lol.