Kohaku Merry ballon retake VCV not working

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You're going to have to provide more information if you want help. None of us can look at your PC or gather any information from a post like that.

Is your PC set to Japanese locale?
If it isn't, you have to set it so it is and redownload UTAU along with every Japanese voicebank you have, as they become corrupt.

What UST are you using? Show screencaps of it loaded in UTAU.
What resampler are you using? Show screencaps of that in the project properties box.
Go to Tools > Options. Screencap the rendering tab, cache config tab, and the path tab.

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I downloaded the exact same vb and recreated the folder path location so I can show you step by step what to do to fix your issue.
I don't know what UST that is, so I'm gonna use a different one. Ignore my resampler stuff, since it doesn't matter in an example.

upload_2019-11-8_21-4-25.png

Click on the red box.

Merry is multipitch, so you can't load her voicebank the same way you would a monopitch (single pitch) UTAU.

I imagine the red box will open you to either the F#4 folder or the C4 folder, like in the image below.
upload_2019-11-8_21-6-25.png

You need to change the file path. Go up one level, to Merry's base folder.
Change the 'Voice Bank file' drop down menu to 'All files'.
Hit 'oto.ini'. And then open.

After that, be sure to fit the UST to the voicebank.

To avoid this issue with multipitch voicebanks in the future, it's recommended to put them into UTAU's voice folder. Carefully observe the filepath at the top.

DO this:
upload_2019-11-8_21-20-48.png

NOT this:
upload_2019-11-8_21-20-38.png

Last edited:

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, the oto file in that second screencap is what you wanna open.

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Only open it when selecting Merry's voicebank using 'All Files' from the drop down menu.
Don't right click and open it in file explorer itself.