Korean Vocaloid 4: Uni

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
While searching for kokone and Chika trials (yeah I"m stubborn though it's more out by curiosity) and I fell on this vocaloid, called "uni" and she's a female vocalist (I would have expected a male tho'... Not really because of the now broken male-female pattern but rather due to K-pop boys band)
SUD780C.png

Lately I was seeing people with a pink-haired-girl and I just realized it was her mascot (and not a fancy art with reverted colours of a ceeertain Vocaloid OTL Plus I didn't see on the avatars she was having only one pigtail)

Her name comes from the word "universe" (some speculated before it'd be a pun with Unicode)

In fact, it may be a new Korean Vocaloid, and thus SeeU wouldn't be all alone =3
She was announced last week and her release is set to Summer 2015. However, it's not SBS Artech who will make her, even though they gave their approval, the company is called ST Media. It was stated "nothing would end with her (Uni)" meaning other Korean Vocaloids may appear right after her ~

More informations here:
http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Vocaloid_Wiki:Sandbox/Uni

Your thoughts ? owo

Last edited:

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think the plan is to make that the demo song or her official theme song cause listening to it that is totally SeeU singing.

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm surprised it took them this long to plan another Korean Vocaloid. At least now we have someone SeeU can duet with in Korean haha

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeah x') And well, yeah I'm surprised too, as there was the huge Korean wave (now it's fading but still) ....

After it may be due to the problems SeeU encountered (the Japanese/Korean fans ' fights due to History and préjudices in general which leaded her to be hated on, the demo which wasn't featuring only her and thus, didn't show at first how did she sound like, the fact that she wasn't as popular as expected on the Eastern side, etcetc), maybe they had issues to decide wheteher it'd be a male or a female voicebank, and then, who they would hire to voice it, the money it costs to produce a Vocaloid, the fact they were majorly relying on SeeU....

Also, there were a few people in the chatbox who hoped her to have a lower voice than SeeU so it could be like the Tianyi/YANHE pattern with two females, one being rather high-pitched/medium and moe-like, and then one with a huskier voice, more tomboyish, which would be great x'3

Edit : Guys guys guys !! Ididn't see they announced it !

Apparently, they expect to find the voicer at the end of the month !

Ah and sorry, it seems her design is definitive according to the interview with Dr Yun i_i"' And the full art design concept will be released soon too

Last edited:

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Uni...I just hope her voice will be unique. I've heard that she will be monolingual or bilingual but I hope that she will be monolingual only, if the upcoming VB sounds better in only one language.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
It was confirmed by Dr Yun they would make her only Korean

To be frank, if they ever consider a multilingual bank for her, it'd be like with MAIKA (and SeeU and other 'loids before) with hidden phonems, or eventually make her a whole *sinert non-korean language here*-update but only if she's successful enough and fans like her... Moreover, we still don't know the identity of the VP, all we know is that she'd be picked among famous voicers&singers and that's it =S So except if this person know perfectly other languages and pronounce them very well, then they could consider this update... But even in this case it wouldn't be for now ._.

Reactions: Lorreine Geralde

Lorreine Geralde

Retired User
Defender of Defoko
It was confirmed by Dr Yun they would make her only Korean

To be frank, if they ever consider a multilingual bank for her, it'd be like with MAIKA (and SeeU and other 'loids before) with hidden phonems, or eventually make her a whole *sinert non-korean language here*-update but only if she's successful enough and fans like her... Moreover, we still don't know the identity of the VP, all we know is that she'd be picked among famous voicers&singers and that's it =S So except if this person know perfectly other languages and pronounce them very well, then they could consider this update... But even in this case it wouldn't be for now ._.

At least it better than rushing for voicebank in other languages even if it doesn't sound right.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yep, and I think if they want her to be monolingual, at least for now, it's because :

1) As I said they msut pick the voicer first and depending on her abilities they mey consider for now hidden phonems, or a full ENG/any otherlanguage bank later

2) Maybe to avoid the SeeU's controversies ? Like when SBS claimed SeeU was trilingual while having only her Korean and her Japanese, and that people felt actually disappointed by her English capacities (though personally I don't think it's that bad but meh)

Reactions: Lorreine Geralde

Lorreine Geralde

Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Yep, and I think if they want her to be monolingual, at least for now, it's because :

1) As I said they msut pick the voicer first and depending on her abilities they mey consider for now hidden phonems, or a full ENG/any otherlanguage bank later

2) Maybe to avoid the SeeU's controversies ? Like when SBS claimed SeeU was trilingual while having only her Korean and her Japanese, and that people felt actually disappointed by her English capacities (though personally I don't think it's that bad but meh)

Yeah, those SeeU's controversies. Not only language capability controversy but even her demo sample (I=Fantasy) has caused controversy for once. I love SeeU's voice and design but SBS has made the Vocaloid looks worse to everyone. I just hope that ST Media will not do the same bad thing just like what SBS has done before.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYSSSS

Her full design has been released !
Uni_full_design_reveal.png

(And yay for curvy Vocaloid :love: )

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well on Vocaloids and weight and what not...
Macne Nana does not have "curves" she has boobs. Like Luka in her old art. Luka's new art and Tohoku Zunko could be classified as curvy or the very least not "underweight" as you put it.

You have to remember a lot of voices are from Japan and therefore are intended to be Japanese and Japanese women tend to be pretty small in height and weight compared to other woman from different countries. So a lot of anime characters tend to be as such. I'm not sure if Korean women are curvier or not but that is probably a factor. SeeU may not have much of a chest but she has hips. Who knows.

My point is just cause some Vocaloids look underweight doesn't mean they are ya know. You gotta factor in their height(a lot of them are short Luka herself is only 5'4") and their original target audience.

Ahem, as for Uni herself I like the design but it would be nice to see some Korean flare on there somewhere....like she looks like another Japanese vocaloid to me. You know how Luo Tiyani kinda looks Chinese? I think it's her hair but her shirt too...it'd be nice if Uni has some sort of futuristic version of Korean clothing and style on her. But meh I won't be buying her or anything so my judgment is only gunna go so far.

Reactions: Tema

OMGPingu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Uni's design looks really nice, however she looks like an append VOCALOID, not a regular VOCALOID.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ok, so some updates (though msot of you have probably seen it since)

Along with her re-design and the fact the leak of it was considered as "illegal", Dr yun also revealed which kind of voice they wanted for her !

Uni will likely have a calm, warm and mature voice and a concept following this path~ Moreover it was announced they were trying to find someone who wasn't that famous as voiceactress

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ok guys, not much of a big update, but in case someone missed it (and because I'm still desperately trying ot find news informations about her that we could have not seen yet)

Sooo I've been on this website https://namu.wiki/w/유니(VOCALOID and after having translated from my best (I'd be pleased if someone speaking Korean could help because that's really tough OTL) I disocvered a few things (which seem old)

- Her item is strawberry milk
- A concept art was shown but I think it was probably right before the first illustration of ehr we could see
(Under my ùessage, otherwise you'll find it on the page)
- Demo near being revealated ? (for this one i'm unsure so take it with a pinch of salt)

And then the rest was all the controversy that happened with her design a while ago

Uni Vocaloid First Design.png

Reactions: Tema