Kyan Niiro Redesign?

Spores

Momo's Minion
I'm having trouble about redesigning Kyan, i feel like her old design is a staple on her image, but i also sorta feel like her looks dont really fit her voice, that and i feel like her old design is dated and needs new life, without going against her personality??

This is her old design

kyan_niiro_by_problematixsync.png

Her shoes are big red boots with lime green zippers

brings me back to 8th grade :'^)

Purin

Momo's Minion
Going off what I've been able to hear of her voice from covers on Youtube, her initial design (short hair, curvy figure) matches the voice fine. Something I'd look into if you want to change her design is new clothing and/or her colour scheme. It's a bit outdated, like you've mentioned. Something like maybe a different colour focus then the purple, or maybe a different shade with lower saturation?

If you're interested in looking into a different outfit altogether, I'd suggest doing a little digging into current UTAU designs, seeing which ones you like, while also looking up specific characters with similar personality traits to see how the designer brought those characteristics about in the design, if that makes any sense. You don't have to commit to exactly how they're designed, but it might help you get a clearer idea of how you want to redesign her.