LEON's & LOLA's voice providers discovered?

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So I was reading a thread in some other forum (can't remember where) about how someone saw something in a Zero-G demo video for Vocaloid 1 that gave a clue as to the voice providers for LEON & LOLA. So I found my copy of the demo video as I have LEON & MIRIAM & took a look. Sure enough, at 8:31 into the video I find this.

Zero-G demo.png

A while back someone posted this link to the Engloids (or some similar) group on Facebook: http://www.redalyc.org/pdf/822/82220946009.pdf . This research paper seems to present convincing evidence that LEON's & LOLA's voice providers are Black British singers, & in particular LOLA's voicebank has a slight "Caribbean" accent.

So looking at the directory names above, could those two strange names "Lance" & "Juliet" be the V.P.s we're looking for? There is a male Black British singer named Lance Ellington, & corresponding female singer Juliet Roberts who is listed in Wikipedia as being "of Grenadian descent". Granted a lot of speculation here, but it all seems to fit. Try searching YT for those two names, listen to some of their softer songs with less emotion in their voice, & see what you think.

BTW I sent a message to Lance Ellington via his web page asking if he is in fact the voice of LEON. I don't really expect an answer, but who knows?!

Reactions: Lycoris and Link48

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Wanted to edit my initial post but I don't see a button for that. Just wanted to add links to the best videos for voice comparison:

Lance (LEON):
Julet (LOLA):

Reactions: Link48

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I've heard it last week <3

Lance is lower-pitched than Léon but I hear this tiny accent when he sings higher notes

And Juliet x LOLA, I hear the similarity

Reactions: Agatechlo

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yesterday somebody (NOT me!) edited Juliet Roberts' Wikipedia entry:

VOCALOID

There is a rumor that she is the voice provider baco "LOLA", the first woman Vocaloid synthesizer.

Wonder if that entry will stick? :cynical:

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
This would be a crazy find if this turns out true. I wonder if they would admit to it, seeing as LEON and LOLA have been mostly phased out.

pkgroovy

Momo's Minion
Zero-G vocaloid voicers:

Leon: Lance Elligton
Lola : Juliet Roberts
Miriam: Miriam Stockley
Prima : Ingunn Gyda Hrafnkelsdottir
Sonika : ??????
Tonio : John Holland-Avery
Avanna : Rachel Dey
Dex : Kenji-B
Daina : EmpathP
I looked up the people you listed for prima and tonio and was astonished to see the two of them once again voiced a synthesis type thing (blob opera) 1627882537511.png

• Wow
Reactions: Lycoris

loo-does-stuff

Momo's Minion
John Holland-Avery is sadly not our guy :sad:

7CF2F198-AE6C-4D0E-A358-B7928CB957C0.jpeg

I also contacted Ingunn Gyda Hrafnkelsdottir today but haven’t gotten a reply yet, and Lance Ellington a few years ago, to which I also got no reply. I couldn’t find any contact info for Juliet Roberts, if anyone has it, I’d appreciate it if you could share it!