Let's post random stuff about our countries

D

dCatharsis

What the title says xD post anything about your country: Music, traditions, artwork, food....whatever!
If you're going to post videos or big images, please put them under a spoiler.

I'm Chilean btw. I'll post some music from my country because it's the only thing that I like about it besides its food LOL

Chancho En Piedra - Animales Disfrazados
CHANCHO EN PIEDRA <3 My favourite Chilean band. They're like the Red Hot Chili Peppers from here lol

Los Prisioneros - La voz de los 80
Los Prisioneros, a band from the 80's, but I like them a lot anyways!

Sinergia | Hágalo Bien [HD]
Sinergia. They're hilarious as hell xD

LOS TRES - LA TORRE DE BABEL
Los Tres, they're a classic from here too. ^^
More Chilean bands I like: Primavera de Praga, Los Bunkers, La Ley, Tronic.
But my heart belongs to Chancho en Piedra y/y xDDD

Please post so I can see stuff from your country, if you can...I like to learn about other countries, hehe ^^

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
I'm from America and we have a lot of jerks.

Just kidding. It's mainly just California where all the jerks seem to come together, but then again, I think it's because everyone and their uncle comes to California.

But in all reality, we have great coastlines. In fact, there's a pier right near where I live. ouo

smpnite-w.jpg

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, I live in America too. We have hamburgers I guess. Lol. And uh... Well, I guess we're a very diverse place.

*waits for someone who lives in an interesting country*

D

dCatharsis

MioDioDaVinci link said:
I'm from America and we have a lot of jerks.

Just kidding. It's mainly just California where all the jerks seem to come together, but then again, I think it's because everyone and their uncle comes to California.

But in all reality, we have great coastlines. In fact, there's a pier right near where I live. ouo

smpnite-w.jpg

Beautiful! :smile:
So if you are from California I guess you have to deal with earthquakes like me, right? xD

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
Ah, yes. The earthquakes. They don't really bother me any more, actually. If anything, I'm waiting for something above a 5. I think the last biggest one was around a 4.8.

D

dCatharsis

MioDioDaVinci link said:
Ah, yes. The earthquakes. They don't really bother me any more, actually. If anything, I'm waiting for something above a 5. I think the last biggest one was around a 4.8.
The last one here happened yesterday and it was 6.0 Richter, lol
I got a bit nervous, though. I'm living in an flat now and I'm in the 11th floor.....and I'm acrophobic and I get vertigo too. DDDDD:

Berin

Momo's Minion
I'm from Gemany (although I'm a Kurd) and...we have sweets...and Wacken...
800px-%C3%9Cberaschungs-Ei.jpg
I heard that Kinder surprise eggs are forbidden in the US because there it isn't allowed to have toys inside sweets (o3o)
Wacken-2011_relentless-web.jpg

(^^)\m/
And Döner! I heard that there are more Döner takeaways in Berlin than in Istanbul. Döner is yummy :-D
doner1.jpg

irei1as

Teto's Territory
Spain has mainly a beautiful weather, I guess.
Our main attractive is tourism after all.
From the perma-summer from Canary Islands to the rainy, green and celtic Galicia.

For places there is the nice skying Sierra Nevada or the sexy Mediterranean sea.
There is extreme drunk-party zones like Ibiza but also high cultural destinations like El Prado museum in Madrid.

Spain is quite multicultural, by the way. Each zone has its own very different traditions like Fallas in Valencia (burning giant comical figures) to walking the Way of St. James (that religious pilgrimage route ends in Spain even if it can start in France).
All that bulls and flamenco thing is more for the tourists looking for it, really. I have never danced flamenco or saw bullfighting live.
Actually in some zones (Canary Islands and Catalonia) bullfighting is banned.

Spanish food is a bit hard to prepare but it's extremelly tasty (and very healthy sometimes)... but I guess that goes for the Mediterranean nations in general, not only Spain.
Paella is quite famous but there are a lot of other special dishes from classical meat after the pig slaughter to super-high class "things" done with liquid nitrogen.

But, hey, Spain has her thorns, too.
As you can see in
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/because-every-country-is-the-best-at-something/#
Spain is #1 in robberies. The number is around 12 robberies for 1000 people so tourists must be really careful with their bags.
Software piracy is extremelly high, too.

We also haven't very good "ambassadors". Spaniard tourists can be very awful, sorry.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/03/05/poo-flies-as-spanish-pokmon-team-engages-in-a-fecal-fling
But, hey, that issue really comes when Spaniards left Spain so I guess it's them being homesick... >.>

Also, we don't know English. We are awful at it.
And our TV programs are horrible.
And each day people seems a bit sadder. Economy isn't treating us well... maybe because we seem lazy with our siesta and night parties.

Oh, as final note, for not being Japan we have a lot of ninjas (Vega from Street Fighter, for example).

WhoahASnowglobe

Momo's Minion
Well, I'm from California, and I know that in San Francisco, there was like one of the worst earthquakes :O And like Antioch is like number 5 in worst cities to live in xD

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm from Singapore, though I have dual citizenship with America... and I'm Eurasian. -u-; I live in the U.S. currently, though.

Singapore is a metropolis British-Asian island... xD It's quite crowded, but is remarkably clean and low-crime, and has a cool skypark amoung other things. It's also the founder of one of the funniest english dialects ever, Singlish.

1005010_Singapore-Night-Shot.jpg

Funny Singlish:
Angry Singaporean: Really Funny Video

@ Peppermintcereal: My favourite thing from Australia is Hi-5 xD I love them -shot-

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
PeppermintCereal link said:
[quote author=NaughtyPichu link=topic=2117.msg18128#msg18128 date=1340561326]
@ Peppermintcereal: My favourite thing from Australia is Hi-5 xD I love them -shot-

HOLY CRAP HI-5 WAS MY CHILDHOOD ;u;

Then they changed it like everything else :U
[/quote]

THEY DID?! I only watched it till I was nine, because I had to move to the U.S. where I guess the were I guess they were anti-commonwealth about their programming and had to make a "U.S." version that sucked.... =A=

But yeah, I luffed it so much I can still sing the songs~

D

dCatharsis

WhoahASnowglobe link said:
Well, I'm from California, and I know that in San Francisco, there was like one of the worst earthquakes :O And like Antioch is like number 5 in worst cities to live in xD

At least you guys didn't get the worst one ever xDD (9.5 Richter, "The Great Chilean Earthquake" at Valdivia, 1960)
I wasn't born at that year, though xDDD

BX

Momo's Minion
Well, if it's really just anything...

I live in South Korea, where nearly half of the people are crowded near the capital Seoul(One of the most heavily populated cities in the world).

I would like to talk about the subway stations in Seoul(I'm not sure about those in other cities).

There are a lot of things going on in subway stations. To list the ones I know...
1. There are lockers in many stations that you can store stuff(of course you have to pay for it). You can also send the stuff to lockers in other stations by putting it into the locker(and lock it). Someone will deliver it to the locker you specified. I remember there were some other services about these lockers, but can't remember well.
2. Some stations have large storage rooms that can store big things. Bicycles, musical instruments, and so on. They say that they put great care to security. I'm not really sure if many people use them, though.
3. In some stations that a lot of people use, there is a stage where performances are held. Many of them are music shows with exotic musical instruments. I've seen some as I pass by, but never stopped to pay close attention to any.
4. You can also find some stations with book stands, where you can read the books for free. The books there are donated ones, though there are not that much. There isn't anyone on the watch, but strangely you can also borrow the books for some time. I'm not sure how this can work. Maybe I'm missing something important...
5. One station that I visit for a club meeting has a media room. It has DVDs and DVD players(accompanied with super cozy chairs) where people can stop by and watch movies, etc. There are also many books, specialized on areas such as art, fashion, and the media, as well as those related to computers. I've only dropped by there once and, unfortunately the players were all being used, so couldn't watch a movie. But I read some books about making your powerpoints look good and professional.
6. Some even provide ecology exhibitions with live butterflies, beetles, and so on(I'm not so fond with names of animals and insects). This is INSIDE the station(of course not on the platform though)! I thinks this is kind of amazing.
7. There are also art galleries in quite a few stations. I like them because the temperature there is always mild.

I don't know why Seoul metro stations have so many features, but personally, I just think of the subway as a place I pass when commuting(and I bet this is similar to most people). It's too bad that not many people are actually making use of these services.