Open Looking for VCV voicers or voicebanks of any quality!

cuppedsunshine

Momo's Minion
This is a bit of an odd request, but I am specifically looking for voicers to voice some VCV voicebanks for a game I am developing! I want to go for an eerie, uncanny valley feel, so I want to use UTAU as a sort of "talkloid" to emulate human speech.

Because of this, the quality or realism of the voice isn't important to me. Monopitch is all I'm asking for, and I'd actually specifically request that you don't record any more pitches than that unless you plan to release it yourself later as a proper voicebank. You can also give me permission to use a voicebank you've already made rather than recording a new one.

Any microphone quality is fine, and while I'd prefer a clear sound (as I plan to just throw these in moresampler for otoing) I can work with samples that are less clear as well (again, quality is not a high priority.)

To reiterate before I really get into it: This is a request! I cannot provide compensation aside from art or tuning an UST, or maybe a brief music loop (I'm still an amateur in that regard, as a fair warning).

Some details about the game:
  • Made in RPGMaker MV
  • Has been in production since/concepted around 2017, is currently being revamped from the ground up for higher quality
  • Characters are fluid- I.E., I am willing to add or modify voice roles to fit the voicers' needs
  • The game will be freeware- there are no plans to monetize it in any way and this will not be changed in the future
  • Intended to have a surreal, dreamlike feel to it
  • Puzzle-based with limited combat
  • Limited palette visuals
  • Inspired by The Witch's House, Ib, and Yume Nikki
  • Not intended to be very long, playtime should maybe be two hours tops
Some details about how the voicebanks will be used:
  • You will be credited as voice actors in the end credits (by whatever name or account you ask me to credit you as)
  • If requested, I will also add the voicebank's name (if any) in the credits and/or a download link if applicable
  • The voicebanks will be used to emulate human speech in order to achieve an uncanny, strange, or "almost human" feel
  • I have no preference as to how the voicebanks are encoded or aliased, but I would request that they are VCV
  • The voicebanks will be used for all dialogue and flavor text present in the game
  • The voicebanks will NOT be used to voice inflammatory or defamatory content, but the story has a darker tone and delves into mental health and other sensitive topics. I currently plan to make both a "lighter" and "darker" version of the game, but for specific trigger warnings involved in the game please DM me.
Current planned characters/vocal niches (can be added or modified depending on anyone who wants to volunteer):
  • Feminine (teen range), any tone- character is an ambiguous teenaged girl and girlfriend to the protagonist
  • Feminine (mature range), any tone- character is an ambiguous middle-aged mother figure
  • Masculine (adult range), any tone- character is an ambiguous middle-aged father figure
  • Androgynous (teen range), dull tone- character is an ambigous teenaged nonbinary person and the protagonist of the game
  • Masculine (mid range voice), sharp tone- character is a talking tomcat with a sly tongue
  • Feminine (mid range voice), dull tone- character is a talking molly (female cat) with a more cynical outlook
Some voice acting things that aren't 'characters' per se, but would still be something I am interested in:
  • Weepy deep and feminine voice- boss fight, manifestation of depression
  • Growling sound effects or raspy/shouting voice- boss fight, manifestation of anger
  • Generic adult voices (male, female, or androgynous) of any type

Sorry for the long read! If you're still with me, thank you for sticking along! If you're interested in contributing to this project, please DM me or reply, preferably with your Discord tag (if applicable) so that we can talk more easily. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

If you don't want to voice act but would still be interested in hearing more about the game or anything along those lines, you can DM me anyways!

Reactions: Nohkara

Rubeeish

Teto's Territory
This seems kinda cool so would you like to use my utau(s), Ayane Hiroki and/or Ai? My discord tag is @Rubeeish#3539

oddmoon

Momo's Minion
This sounds cool! I have a monopitch vcv utau thats almost finished.... radio#5023 (you could tell me more about it?)