Looking for Your Opinions

Mystycl

Teto's Territory
For several years, I've been posting my covers with just the subbed, original music videos or artwork for the song. But I want to know: do you think it's better when covers feature original artwork that matches the voice, but without subs and animation, or when the video is subbed but doesn't match the voicer?

Basically, as much as I want, I'm unable to add subs (in the video itself; I could use YouTube subtitles, though I don't know how it works) with the editing software I have and, I'm not much of an editor anyway. :cynical:
So I want to know what you guys prefer.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Aegisub is a simple way to prepare subtitles: http://www.aegisub.org/
It's useful for doing text and timing only, as well as more complex subtitles with style/color/etc. options. To bake subtitles into a video file, you can use FFMPEG.

In terms of producing cover videos, I am personally a fan of UTAUview videos that show off the tuning. Often, when making covers the most individuality you can express is by how you tuned the vocals, so this style of video highlights it the most. If you consider yourself to be primarily a visual artist rather than a musician, you can do an art-focused video instead.

Reactions: Mystycl