Open PayPal Other Make an UTAU of my voice before it permanently changes!

Mactoons

Momo's Minion
Hello! This might be an unorthodox request, haha. I have always been a big fan of vocaloid and UTAU, but have never gotten into the fandom outside of enjoying the songs. I am a transgender man who has just recently started testosterone. Inspired by Kyounosuke, the voice provider of Iroha Nekomaru, I want to make an UTAU of my voice before testosterone changes it. I would like a little instruction for what specifically to record, and I would like the bells and whistles, like Salvador Auto Recovery (). After all, I'm not going to get another chance to record this!

I know that usually, people pay for people to record their voices, not the other way around. But, considering that I am a complete novice looking for advice from someone more experienced, I am willing to pay! Prices negotiable, I want to pay a bit over the standard price without going bankrupt, haha. Thank you so much!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hi! I was in your position about three years ago, so I'd love to help. My personal project involved recording a small voicebank every month so I could track the changes over time, but if you just want to do a single big bank before and after, that's fine too.
Feel free to DM me here on UtaForum or send me messages on discord. KLAD#0436

Reactions: Halo

Mactoons

Momo's Minion
Hi! I was in your position about three years ago, so I'd love to help. My personal project involved recording a small voicebank every month so I could track the changes over time, but if you just want to do a single big bank before and after, that's fine too.
Feel free to DM me here on UtaForum or send me messages on discord. KLAD#0436
Nice! Just send a friend request as AroAceInYoFace#4862

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
okay you want a cv japanese bank and while this too is unorthedox id recomend a cv english bank. I have a guide for that here: https://www.deviantart.com/adamsnowflake/art/Rel-cv-English-tutorial-UTAU-recourses-939479376 for me I just tell people to copy my english bank. By going into the folder mimicing the sounds, and then naming and oto'ing them similiaring. All banks need an oto and your good. I highly sugget REL CV english cus while uncommen it is an extremly well done list for beginnners and can be jinrikid into vccv though it is slightly uncanny. UTAU has different types of "RECLISTS" ways to use the software and record "BANKS" which are the voices and characters used to sing songs originals and covers. For example YAMI VCCV english, UKA SPANISH CV or Lance lazor rel CV English. The reclists can be simple or complex. CV consonent vowels simple sounds to VCV-E which are ellebearte maginations.

The reclists are usually cut up into languages and the sounds of those lagnuages via consents and vowels which are just a google searhc away. You want to do two reclists. English in whateveer form you desire but I would only suggest cv however uncommen [or youll most likley quit do to difficulty] and NECECARILY CV japanese since this is japanese software. Yukarii doesnt- they aren't- isnt my biggets fan but I adore theier content and she has great tutorials on how to use the software. Also diff cv is making its rounds and I woudn't put it past just getting that done in progress. Just record some cv japanese, and cv englihs. It will take in total probably two days if you do it all at once.

I also was once on T as a intersex person, and it was wild, so just have clips of yourself talking in case you ever want to make a jinriki.

Anyways! Just get cv banks done since your new to this. Record some extra clips of you singing and talking incase you ever get clever and want to use it for a future engine. And understand Diff CV is always an option but not bebginner friendly. I hope this helped some. People usually start off on japanese so their character is usuable. RENPY's lemmasoft forum has a graet thread for anime artists. Always get comerical use for your chawracter and their design just to be safe on the internet and your good to go!

:smile:

Worst case scenario you can just er,...go into pre-existing banks and record your own to match them emulating the file names and type. :smile:

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
KLAD definitely has all the info you'll need. I coincidentally made a natural voiced UTAU pre-T at ages 15 and 18 and they're really lovely to go back to though maybe complex feelings-wise. I'm much happier with my voice now, and its exciting hearing the changes in vocal synth form after a few years too. Good luck, and congrats on starting T!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Update for those still reading this thread: mac and I have already started working on this project together! We've already planned out the banks to record and reclists to use.

Reactions: Halo and WyndReed

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Edit: Apologies, deleted an unnecessary & rude comment, as well as banning the commenter. Sorry to OP if you saw it via email/notif.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiyoteru