Making a english UTAU with premade audio

MsDancealot

Momo's Minion
Hey, I'm kinda new to this whole UTAU thing but I wanna make a few based off of characters I've created. I do have voice actors for them so I already have alot of lines from them.

Is there a way to cut up said audio and use to make an UTAU? I've seen alot of people do it but I don't know how it's done.

Any tips?

Reactions: sof¡¡¡a

sof¡¡¡a

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
There is a way, but I would not recommend doing it.

You will need:
  • Audacity
  • The VCCV phoneme list by PaintedCz (the one I recommend for English UTAUs)
  • The audio files
You just have to take the list as a reference for the phonemes that you need. Search for said phonemes in each of the phrases the voice actors have already recorded and cut them for them to fit the phonemes you need.
It's a lot of work, but in the end, it can work. I have never done it, but I kind of have an idea of what to do. You can watch a video, it'll help you more than I can!
You can use a pitch shifter plugin (Idk if it's called like that) or even Melodyne to change the pitch of your phonemes so they are all in the same pitch. If one phoneme is in D4 and the other is in C5, the UTAU will sound very... bad (???)

I do not recommend this for the following reasons:
  • It's a lot of extra work. You can do it faster by recording the phonemes in the list
  • Every phoneme of the voicebank will be different in pitch, length, and other factors that can affect its performance in UTAU
  • The phonemes won't sound as clear as they would if you recorded them straight from the list.
In conclusion, there is a way of editing words into phonemes, but I would highly recommend recording the phonemes instead.

I hope this helps! :wink: