Making a voicebank

I made a previous post about my failure voicebank that I deleted, and I'm back the next day trying again. It's playing the sounds and stuff but theres just one thing... Why does it sound so breathy? It sounds like my voice but breathy like Defoko. All of the things in the voicebank settings are at zero and I was wondering how to change it and stuff and if thats part of the issue. :sad:

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Antix_ This isn't the place for seeking advice, but the introduction section - only for introducing yourself to the community. Next time, please direct any questions you may have here: http://utaforum.net/boards/questions-support/

To answer your question: the output of your voicebank is dependent on the following factors:

- mic quality: In order from least to greatest: built in laptop mic, phone, headset, blue brand name usb mics, berhinger c1u usb, low-end studio xlr [without sophisticated interface], low-end studio xlr [with more sophisticated interface], high end studio xlr with high end interface. Anything beyond your laptop or phone is going to involve money - $150 at the very least for low end xlr mics (cheap inferface included). That said, don't let it dissuade you if your only just starting out with your first bank. Just make the best out of what you have and can afford.

- oto: While the raw output is very important (mic/voice clarity, same stable pitch for all samples, and lack of noise), the configuration (oto) is more important. You said that everything is 'set to 0,' so I'm going to assume that the bank isn't oto'd at all. No matter the quality of the raw samples, they'll never sound good if they aren't oto'd properly. If you're unable to oto, there are people here who are willing to help (Adlez, JeremyB796, myself).

- resampler: not every resampler plays nice with every voice. If you're using UTAU for PC (Windows), there are plenty of resampler options that may give a better result than the default resampler.exe (which is more true to the voice, but can be a little harsh).

Last edited:
Reactions: GothAmaterasu

h4nz is the best

♥‿♥
Could you post a sample?
The sounds aren't done yet. I'll post one when it's done :smile:
[DOUBLEPOST=1439933293][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Antix_ This isn't the place for seeking advice, but the introduction section - only for introducing yourself to the community. Next time, please direct any questions you may have here: http://utaforum.net/boards/questions-support/

To answer your question: the output of your voicebank is dependent on the following factors:

- mic quality: In order from least to greatest: built in laptop mic, phone, headset, blue brand name usb mics, berhinger c1u usb, low-end studio xlr [without sophisticated interface], low-end studio xlr [with more sophisticated interface], high end studio xlr with high end interface. Anything beyond your laptop or phone is going to involve money - $150 at the very least for low end xlr mics (cheap inferface included). That said, don't let it dissuade you if your only just starting out with your first bank. Just make the best out of what you have and can afford.

- oto: While the raw output is very important (mic/voice clarity, same stable pitch for all samples, and lack of noise), the configuration (oto) is more important. You said that everything is 'set to 0,' so I'm going to assume that the bank isn't oto'd at all. No matter the quality of the raw samples, they'll never sound good if they aren't oto'd properly. If you're unable to oto, there are people here who are willing to help (Adlez, JeremyB796, myself).

- resampler: not every resampler plays nice with every voice. If you're using UTAU for PC (Windows), there are plenty of resampler options that may give a better result than the default resampler.exe (which is more true to the voice, but can be a little harsh).
Thanks for the information!! Also, sorry that I keep posting my questions to the introduction area... I just joined this place and I didn't know how to get to other forum sites (idk.)... I have a microphone and I'd say it's an okay one. It's not built into my computer and it uses a usb.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439933524][/DOUBLEPOST]
The sounds aren't done yet. I'll post one when it's done :smile:
[DOUBLEPOST=1439933293][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the information!! Also, sorry that I keep posting my questions to the introduction area... I just joined this place and I didn't know how to get to other forum sites (idk.)... I have a microphone and I'd say it's an okay one. It's not built into my computer and it uses a usb.
Also, I do have an Oto.ini file with my utau this time, and I have the art. I'd appreciate some help from you :smile: Here's the art: http://peachii-i.deviantart.com/art/My-Utauloid-art-1-554649394 I have 3 more on my page

h4nz is the best

♥‿♥
I'm kinda angry but also really happy :smile: I don't need help anymore guys!! I finished my voicebank but I didn't record my sounds long enough so it sounded very bad. Luckily I listened to a sound sample from KaiKai Kim and figured out that they need to be longer. I'm starting over (I learned from my mistakes, not sad at all) and I recorded a, and all the b's. I tested it with Soundless Voice and it's pretty good. I might share it with you guys if you want but it's only going to say ba.