Making an English jinriki! ...Some help please?

WannabeHistorian604

Teto's Territory
So as the title says, I found that there are no English Jinriki voicebanks out there, so I thought why not and decided to make making one my goal for spring break. I mean, how bad can it be?
So I chose CVVC, grabbed one of Delta's reclists because I can read Japanese, and got to work.
And oh god. Oh GOD. What did I get myself into.
But somehow, after at least a week of doing nothing but splicing audio on Audacity, so much downloaded audio, a lot of frustration, and some brute-forcing, I got through Delta's entire version 5 reclist (the older one anyway, and except some sounds I don't need right now because trying to find usable ʊ sounds is like pulling teeth), and so I got on to otoing... And some of the samples only display as big window-filling scribbles of chaos. It's not like the samples used were particularly noisy, and it's definitely not the problem, because the shouting version of aI shows up fine while the normal version of aI does not.
I'll share screenshots too if that's needed.
Also if someone could help oto him for me like someone else did for another Jinriki of mine, that would be fantastic. I can maybe pay for some too, if you accept yen and I can afford it!

Last edited:

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Legally, this stuff is kind of in a grey area, and I'm not sure I want Disney nuking our modest little forum, haha. I'd appreciate if you took down the link and replaced it with screenshots as well as an audio sample of how one of the problem samples sound in UTAU. Also, it's just easier to get people to reply if they don't need to DL anything!

Cheers

WannabeHistorian604

Teto's Territory
Oh yeah, this would be redistribution! Sorry! I'll post the screenshots. I can't edit my post, so I'll just disable the link.
Post automatically merged:

Here's an example:
ai+.PNG

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Oh yeah, this would be redistribution! Sorry! I'll post the screenshots. I can't edit my post, so I'll just disable the link.
No problem, I snipped it out myself! but you not being able to edit was an oversight-- I altered the permissions slightly, you should be able to edit the top post now. Sorry about that, and thanks for your cooperation.

As for this.... yeah, I remember this used to happen sometimes. I don't remember what causes it, hopefully someone else knows; but can you press that little "s" button there and take a screenshot of how that looks, too?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Haha, holy hell! These samples were all exported from audacity with the exact same settings, right? And when you play the sample by double clicking the "P" button, it sounds correct still?

WannabeHistorian604

Teto's Territory
Huh, I didn’t know it did that.

Yup to both of those.

So... what do I do?

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Audio files need to be mono channel, 44.1kHz sample rate, 16 bit depth PCM wav files.

Reactions: Halo

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Using VLC, you're able to view information about currently playing media files. Using Audacity you can modify the number of channels, sample rate, and export wav with the correct bit depth.

WannabeHistorian604

Teto's Territory
Okay, checked them online; there seems to be no issue there.

Actually never mind there was.

How do I change the bit depth?

Oh, I found a way! And it worked! Yes! I’d still be willing to have someone help with this thing though. Oh my god 500 files... Fml.

Last edited: