Male or Female vocals? (a survey thingy)

Male or Female vocals?

• I'm female and I like male vocals more

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • I'm female and I like female vocals more

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I'm male and I like male vocals more

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I'm male and I like female vocals more

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I honestly can't pick D:

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I decided to put this post here rather than in the General UTAU Discussion section because this also counts for real life artists.

This poll also includes what gender you are because I want to see (at least in the UTAforum community) which gender likes which gender vocal more. [size=-2]In real life, it seems to be the opposite gender for majority, then again, I'm not sure.[/size]

And because most voicebank creators use their own voice, it could be different for non-UTAU users.

So yeah. It would be great if you could vote on this poll (it won't show your username so don't worry:wink:) and DO PLEASE VOTE HONESTLY, ESPECIALLY ABOUT YOUR GENDER (because that will ruin the point of this survey).

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm a female and I really, really love deep male vocals *^* I enjoy working with them and I like listening to male utaites heh ^^;

Qubilu

Momo's Minion
I personally like higher voices ^^. Sure there are some high male voices out there but most of the high voices appear to be female ones. I find most deep voices scary o.o;;

Ono

Teto's Territory
Mostly I prefer male vocals over female vocals. Tbh, I like all voice types. It all depends on how the pitch sounds for me. I know I said that I disliked deep-pitched female vocals in the past but they've begun to grow on me. I'd pick Halt Tanner over many male utaus.

So, yeah, depends.

PuddingPuff

Teto's Territory
I like tenor and alto voice types, which have an overlapping vocal range.
I also have a bit of a sweet spot for cute soprano voices as well, but not so much that I like them more.
I don't mind deeper male voices too much, but you probably won't see me using a deeper male UTAU because I don't like the way deep vocals render in UTAU.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
*buttmad social justice blogger rants about gender binary*

But eh, I don't know what my preference is really. I just try to make sure that I use whatever I download and delete what I don't use. So I end up with a variety, but there's a lot of voicebanks in my Alto folder...

Misha

Momo's Minion
Female voices for me. Many male voices are just.... not done well at all lmfao. I have many more female voices that I enjoy listening to then male (For Vocaloid/UTAU)

In terms of IRL singers, I like both pretty equally.

jasmin00

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I like feminine(+shonen sounding utauloids. ]]]But I love male vocaloids![[[ But that's why I don't like that much male utauloids,because my think male utauloids are not that well made than female utauloids. ^^'
But this is just my opinion! ovo

ItzMitchBitch

Teto's Territory
I'm a boy and I prefere female voices, no matter if it's in RL or with Utau.
I adore (strong) female voice, cause I adore girls in general (in a good way not in a creepy perv way) xD

Still I enjoy to listen to male singers xD

nirereru

Teto's Territory
I am female and I really prefer male voices. This is especially true for VOCALOID. I rarely listen to VOCALOID females. *curls up with all Vocaboys*

I dunno. I find girls to be boring.