matsudappoiyo light cant sing

argalia

Momo's Minion
hello!! im really new to utau and ive been wanting to use matsudappoiyo (light) for a while but i cant seem to make him to get sound
i'm using hiragana and my locale is in japan, my installed plugins as of right now is the lyric diphonizer, i am aware this utau is a vcv, is there any help? sorry if i sound super stupid!!

Ibis

Teto's Territory
Seeing as you’re using Matsudappoiyo light instead of their normal voicebank, I’m thinking there might be an extra suffix at the end that you need to add to the notes in order to get them to sing. Most append banks (such as this one) will have the suffix at the end since you’re meant to combine the appends with the regular voicebanks. It’s usually listed on the voicebank website if there is one. If not, check readme.txt or any other sort of txt file with the voicebank, since
it will probably be listed there.

If it does turn out to be a suffix, there are a few different ways to add suffixes to a note.
1. You can copy and paste the suffix onto the end of the note.
2. You can select a note, and then hit shift to open up the sound menu, and from there you can select the note with the suffix on the end.
3. You can select a group of notes, then paste the suffix into the
suffix broker. The suffix broker should be located under tools, and then under built in tools. The suffix broker is best for adding suffixes to groups of notes, or to the entire ust.

argalia

Momo's Minion
ahh! it seems that if i copy and paste the aliases (circled below), he will sing! but i have found they're all different, and i dont know if i have to individually copy and paste each alias which is tedious...? i havent used utau in under a day so sorry if this is really befuddling + i cant seem to find the link to his normal voicebank. is there some sort of way i dont have to copy and paste each alias like a plugin of some sort? again, thank you for holding up with my stupidity!!

1665348077800.png

Ibis

Teto's Territory
From the picture you sent, it seems like there aren’t any suffixes, they are just a normal vcv voicebank (Vowel consonant vowel). To use vcv, you connect notes by typing the vowel of the previous note at the beginning of the next. For example, if the notes were “で ふぉ こ" (de fo ko), then you would type it as "-で" "e ふぉ" "o こ" (space in between the kana and the vowel. No quotation marks, I only put those there to separate the notes). Alternatively, you could also do as I explained in method two for suffixes, and select a note, hold down shift, then right click. From there you should get a "sound menu" (don't know the real name for it) where you will see all of the different options for the note, including variants of the note with the prefixes.

Oh, and don't fret about not knowing about VCV earlier. It took me an entire month before I figured out why some of my voicebanks weren't singing, only for me to figure out it was because I was only typing in CV. It's good to learn it early!
Post automatically merged:

Oh and you mentioned something about only being able to download their light voicebank? I found the download website with more options here: https://lllll17-web-fc2-com.transla...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp There doesn't really seem to be a "normal" voicebank, but there are lots of different options so you can probably find something that you will like!

Last edited:
Reactions: AnemicBloomer

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
For the lyric helper/sound menu, you can also just press the "V" key. I actually didn't know about shift right click! But there are plugins that will automatically do CV to VCV conversion for you. In fact, you mentioned one. Lyric Diphonzer should convert to VCV if you have that bank loaded. Just select all and run the plugin as usual.

If it doesn't, try out Iroiro, as it has many other functions too and is easy to use: https://ux.getuploader.com/bizz_v/download/182
(also if you need to change the language to english, see this picture)

Ibis

Teto's Territory
For the lyric helper/sound menu, you can also just press the "V" key. I actually didn't know about shift right click! But there are plugins that will automatically do CV to VCV conversion for you. In fact, you mentioned one. Lyric Diphonzer should convert to VCV if you have that bank loaded. Just select all and run the plugin as usual.

If it doesn't, try out Iroiro, as it has many other functions too and is easy to use: https://ux.getuploader.com/bizz_v/download/182
(also if you need to change the language to english, see this picture)
I didn’t know about the V key, thanks for telling me about it! I’ve been using shift+right click the whole time because I was learning how to add suffixes and it just so happened to work for prefixes. I guess we all learned something new today! I would use the lyric dyphonizer, but I hear that people are having problems getting it to work nowadays so I’ve just been using a prefix-suffix selector plugin for large groups. I probably need to try Irorio, though. I feel like I’ve been putting it off.

Reactions: Halo

mikamika

Momo's Minion
I didn’t know about the V key, thanks for telling me about it! I’ve been using shift+right click the whole time because I was learning how to add suffixes and it just so happened to work for prefixes. I guess we all learned something new today! I would use the lyric dyphonizer, but I hear that people are having problems getting it to work nowadays so I’ve just been using a prefix-suffix selector plugin for large groups. I probably need to try Irorio, though. I feel like I’ve been putting it off.
iroiro is definitely worth it, makes editing large portions of lyrics much easier and has very accurate cv/vcv conversion

Reactions: Ibis