Merge notes (plus bonus)

Courcy

Momo's Minion
I am back with yet another dumb question. Okay so I got all the basics down and the last step of my-self tutorial is to make a semi-decent cover.
So I wanna know if two syllables can flow together without the little pause. The first word is begin, 'be' is a quarter note- no problem, the end 'gin' is a dotted quarter note. I want to know if 'gin' can be said all in one, like its one note. I don't know if that makes sense?
BTW I'm using Kikyuune Aiko (I've not decided which version I got a few) IDK if that helps any

Also bonus question, any recommendations for a tuning plugin?

Hopefully I'm good now

Reactions: vlbonnie

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
You probably want to put a [V C] or vowel to consonant transition to connect those two notes, so instead of [be][gi][in-] (IDK if she's VCCV but I'm gonna assume so) try putting [-be][e g][gi][in-]. If she's Delta CVVC, then you're going to want to put something different depending on the list she was recorded with, but a safe bet is to swap out that lowercase i with an uppercase one
Unfortunately there's almost certainly nothing for "gin" just as a note by itself, since it's most practical to just take combinations of two phonemes at a time rather than three. (There are a few times when this rule will be broken for some English methods because of contextual variations in pronunciation, like k, t, and p becoming deaspirated when they're in words like "sky", "stall" or "spit" and follow an s) It can work for languages like Japanese with VCV, but when you get into languages like English or Chinese with lots of vowels and consonants, it gets very impractical.
Um sorry that got uneccesarily verbose I am not good at being consise but I hope I answered the question?? If not just like quote this post
Post automatically merged:

If you wanna merge two notes though you can use Ctrl+U but there's no guarantee the created merged note will play
Here's Zteer's extended pitch editor plugin (second one) http://z-server.game.coocan.jp/utau/utautop.html
I'm not sure if it'll work with her, since she's CVVC and not VCCV, but you could also try this plugin to make English a bit easier--it parses words into phonemes https://snowphones.weebly.com/lyric-parser-20.html

Last edited:

Courcy

Momo's Minion
You probably want to put a [V C] or vowel to consonant transition to connect those two notes, so instead of [be][gi][in-] (IDK if she's VCCV but I'm gonna assume so) try putting [-be][e g][gi][in-]. If she's Delta CVVC, then you're going to want to put something different depending on the list she was recorded with, but a safe bet is to swap out that lowercase i with an uppercase one
Unfortunately there's almost certainly nothing for "gin" just as a note by itself, since it's most practical to just take combinations of two phonemes at a time rather than three. (There are a few times when this rule will be broken for some English methods because of contextual variations in pronunciation, like k, t, and p becoming deaspirated when they're in words like "sky", "stall" or "spit" and follow an s) It can work for languages like Japanese with VCV, but when you get into languages like English or Chinese with lots of vowels and consonants, it gets very impractical.
Um sorry that got uneccesarily verbose I am not good at being consise but I hope I answered the question?? If not just like quote this post
Post automatically merged:

If you wanna merge two notes though you can use Ctrl+U but there's no guarantee the created merged note will play
Here's Zteer's extended pitch editor plugin (second one) http://z-server.game.coocan.jp/utau/utautop.html
I'm not sure if it'll work with her, since she's CVVC and not VCCV, but you could also try this plugin to make English a bit easier--it parses words into phonemes https://snowphones.weebly.com/lyric-parser-20.html
I'm trying to comprehend, I have a lot of trouble reading. So just change the sounds she makes? Will is still sound choppy. I should say my problem is that she is choppy.

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Have you crossfaded the envelopes? If not/ if you don't know, select all the notes with CTRL+A and then hit this button. It's near the top on the right1652104040915.png

Thehyami

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Could you please upload the choppy sound? And a picture of the notes. It would be very helpful for us to help you solve the problem.