Mic Stand/Pop-Filter advice?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So, I am rich because of my birthday, and I'm going to get a Blue Yeti. However, what I'm worrying about now is  stand, pop-filter, and a shock-absorber mount thing? I'm rather uneducated about those. Does Yeti need one? And I've heard that Yeti is big, so would it even fit in any?

This thing I saw Hentai posting around looks good, but I don't think the Yeti fits?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001REJX1U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=nemimo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001REJX1U

Well, all in all, any suggestions for pop-filters/mounts/stands/whatever you think is actually necessary but at a cheap but still good price?

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Alright, just FYI if you are getting a Blue Yeti it does not play nice with others accessories, and the shockmounts Blue makes costs twice as much as a normal one would and frankly because of the Yeti's size I don't think its unnecessary or practical in the least to shockmount it.

As for pop-filters it really depends. Generally speaking any pop filter will do, though some are more sensative than others to plosive and need a specialized double filter. I never used a Yeti so I can't speak for its sensitivity. Blue of course makes their own pop filter, it matches the finish of the Yeti, but as with the shockmount expect to pay twice as much as normal both for their name, and the styling.

Again I am not much a fan of Blue myself. I know the Yeti is a good mic, but I am not a fan of the pickup pattern and capsule setup. It is really unconventional and I prefer large diaphrams over the capsule 'array' the Yeti uses. Unless the multiple pickup patterns of the Yeti are really important to you I like large diaphragm setups.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, I didn't think anyone would reply. :'D Thanks Hentai!

I already went and purchased the mic, a desktop stand (cheaper and I didn't really need a huge stand), and the Nady pop-filter after looking around. I'm glad I didn't even think to buy the Blue pop-filter and shockmount - as you said, they're way too expensive.

I know nothing about "diaphram" and "capsule" setups (maybe I should have done more research); I just wanted a really nice mic that wasn't super expensive and the community totes about the Yeti.

But thanks for the advice! I was considering buying the shockmount eventually, but from the price and what you said I don't think I will.